Seedling questions please read

Here’s the thing. What is done is done. If you disturb it, it could make any issues worse. But she has to find “down”. If the tap root hasn’t found down yet, then you won’t see much if any vertical growth until everything is oriented. If on the other hand, she isn’t going to make it, you’ll know in a few days.

8 Likes

Knowing you said a few days makes me feel better however I’m gonna leave it be and whatever happens happens. When should I know to remove it and start a new seed in your opinion? It went under soil wed night around 9pm, I know it can take 7-10 days possibly to break soil so I’m fine waiting longer assuming it’s going somewhere lol.

1 Like

I’d think you’ll know in 2-3 days.

2 Likes

Lots of cooks in this stew and you already got the best answers from some of the best…
Only thing I’d add, is if you have a a little clear cough syrup cup, mist the inside and cover that little bug up. it’ll help keep the membrane pliable and release the helmet head. apologies if it has been stated already.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Patience is key. And as @Newt said, what’s done is done. Grab a joint and watch the show

5 Likes

So cover the seed back up after I mist it? I’ve also heard don’t mist it because it will kill it. Not sure on that end and cough syrup, you mean just some type of mister?

2 Likes

I have a clear solo cup on it now you mean the little cough syrup cup put that over it?

1 Like

Like this…mist the inside, lightly and invert it over the top, it’ll create a little humid microclimate.
you could just swirl some water in it and dump it…enough droplets will stick to the inside to work.

4 Likes

Mist the inside of the cup.

2 Likes

Not denying you as that sounds great but is the solo cup ok? It has been foggy and staying wet, however I do see your side to that as it’s smaller and would be even more moist. Swap to that or leave the solo cup?

2 Likes

Leave the solo cup like that? Or use the cough syrup cup and mist that and set it over it?

2 Likes

No difference. You can use anything. The idea is to create a humid environment.

EDIT: Just make sure it is clear, so light passes through!

4 Likes

sure man…whatever you have… What @Newt said :point_up:

2 Likes

The little cough syrup cup isn’t totally clear it’s like a clear but slightly not.

1 Like

Needs to be clear. Have a soda bottle? Cut it.

5 Likes

Clear zip-loc baggie will work as well.

5 Likes

It’ll work in a pinch but clear is optimal, just check it a few times a day. That little bug will live off the coty’s for a week at least, my 2 week olds still have fat cotys on em.
The water bottle Neck/cap end i even use for single clone humidity control, just pull the cap for an hour to harden them off.

2 Likes

You guys are all the best thank you all for input! Have a great weekend boys! I’ll update Sunday!

6 Likes

:point_up_2: @kjcarr24 ditto on the wise WIZARDs suggestion :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

gallon jug cut.

1 Like