Seedling question from a noob

Ok. I think I might be right in this assumption, but just wanna double check. Mind you, I did not do anything this way.

So if using a humidity dome, cfl, and heat mat on seedling, you remove these when plant leaves this phase.

Once the number of leaflets per leaf becomes 5-7, the seedling stage is over. This entire stage can take 2 to 4 weeks.

So use the humidity dome,cfl and heat pad until leaf has 5-7 leaflets?

The seedling phase always confuses me because everyone germinates and handles it differently. Trying to see what works best for me.

Right now, I germinated in water, planted and put under cfl with no dome. Once sprout came up I put under my ts1000. Looks good but it’s a mother trying to keep lung at high humidity. The dome sounds a lot easier.

I’m not sure what you are asking? Your little plant looks like it has been over watered a little but looks good. Might be ready for a pot up could be what it wants. I use a dome only when I germinate in the soil or with a clone. Seedlings don’t like a dome

4 Likes

The main reason to use a dome is because a young plant’s roots are not adequately developed to uptake water. A young plant will take in moisture through its leaves. Once the roots have developed enough, further use of a dome stymies root development. The number and size of the leaves is an indication its roots are taking over and doing what they are supposed to do.

5 Likes

What beardless said

We said the same thing, he just used big words and explained it lol he’s probably smarter :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@MeEasy he does me the same way but since he advised me on my seedlings a while back I don’t say nothing just listen then I copy his words so I look smart next time

1 Like

I wasn’t saying it in a bad way, I tend to go off subject and not get to the point I’m trying to make. I’ll write a paragraph on bugs when we were talking about water lol at least when I smoked weed I had an excuse, I don’t smoke anymore

2 Likes

Me too I am sometimes not eloquent

Good info @beardless you learn things everyday if you read. Exercise the MIND. :ghost: HAPPY GROWING.

2 Likes

You get around Huh @RoMaNGroWN

2 Likes

that would be my wife.

2 Likes

Ok. So it sounds like I AM handling right and my question was riddled with inaccuracies lol. I have tried to absorb so much info in past 2 months I think I either got wires crossed or temporarily lost my mind.

I am definitely not overwatering, but could the fact my humidity is at 70% mimic overwatering? Turn humidity down to 40-60% when plant leaves seedling phase? Or do it now.

1 Like

Well said smart man!!! @beardless