Seedling or vegetative?

I am a first time grower and want to say thank you for any help or advice.
My grow;
garage closet 2’ x 3’ and 7’ tall.
Growing in coco/soil 50/50 mix.
Using 450w LED full spectrum light and a single CFL.
4in exhaust fan
Fox Farm nutrients
Silica blast
Great white Micorrhizae

For the purpose of a feeding schedule. When do you begin counting how many weeks a plant is “seedling” and when is it considered “vegetative”?

Also if anyone has advise on dealing with heat I would greatly appreciate it. Adding a/c isn’t very feasible and during the heat of the day for about 2.5 to 3 hours (mid-high 90’s outside) I can only cool my space to 88 degrees sometimes approaching 90. Any suggestions on dealing with this kind of heat?

Again thank you for any advice for newbie
And thank you for this forum!

For heat, I have my lights off during the hottest part of the day

Thank you Hornhead.
Yes I’m on an 18/6 light cycle with darkness from 12:30pm to 6:30pm
That and a personal cooler (mini swamp cooler) are what keeps it down a little.
I also found turning off my exhaust fan keeps from pulling in too much of the heated air.

The exhaust fan should help to pull cooler air in through the bottom openings and suck the hot air out the top

1 Like

I went with a 6on/2off lighting schedule to keep heat down. Worked like a charm and the plants seemed to like the 2hr naps

1 Like

The air outside to pull in is hot air from the garage. This is my biggest delima. I can’t air condition the garage unfortunately.

I have heat issues during the summer. I can only grow inside during fall and winter months

1 Like

We’ll see how it goes. I might be in that boat with you.

Welcome to ILGM, @Garagegrow. The others have you covered. :v:

1 Like

Thank you :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

No one answered the question On when a seedling growth turns to vegetative growth?

Welcome @Jstreet! I consider them in veg once they’ve consumed the cotyledons and have at least a few nodes growing. I would start about 1/4 - 1/3 strength of the recommended dose on the schedule, and they only need a few ounces at a time at that age, out around the edge of the pot is best, to make the roots search out for it. Once you’re feeding to runoff, try not to put them on a schedule, but rather go by the weight of the pots. Get a feel for what they weigh fully saturated, as well as dried up, so you know what you’re looking for. :v: