Seedling need help

I need help i can get my seend to grow i got them to the point they pop bust after i plant them they go back in shell what am i doing wrong

2 Likes

What are the temperatures in your grow area? I’ve had seedlings stop growing due to cooler temperatures. Sometimes seedling stop growing and focus on root growth first. Once some roots are established, they start growing like crazy. Make sure your not watering to much as the root system is very weak at this point. You can use a spray bottle and mist the soil around the seedling.

This is how to upload pictures

1 Like

Back in the shell?? I don’t think that is possible or I guess I’ve never seen or heard of it before

1 Like

2 Likes

This is how it done me after the root was out the shell

2 Likes

Ok i think its the watering how should i water? How much and for obce a day

1 Like

Welcome ! I like to soak my seeds in a cup of room temperature water 24 hours. Then to the paper towel method clamshell between two saucers keep the paper towel damp. You may need to dribble a little water on the towel a couple times a day. You should have Sprouts within a couple of days 3/8 of an inch long. I like to use seed starter soil in a small seedling cup. Should be good in the cup for a couple weeks then I transplant. Hope that helps good luck.

2 Likes

Ok so let’s start from the beginning, I thought your seedling broke through dirt already. You need to start by germinating your seed. Some people plant the seed directly in the soil, some choose to use the paper towel method, or even just water. I’ve had success with the paper towel method, and direct in soil. If planting direct in soil just make a small hole with a pen, not to deep, drop your seed in, gently cover with soil, lightly water. You can take a sandwich bag spray the inside with water, and place over seedling pot. This will increase humidity for the plant. I’ll include some links.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/germinate-seeds/amp/

4 Likes

Seedlings usually die because people overwater them. Give your pot a good soaking, place your germinated seed in it, and leave it alone for at least 5 - 7 days. You can do paper towel method, or plant directly into soil. Personally, I soak the seed until it splits open and go directly to soil.

It is important for root growth that there is moisture in the bottom of the pot so that the roots search out the moisture as the soil on top dries out. If you water every day the roots don’t develop well and end up drowning.

3 Likes

Thank you this is better i and understand it better now

2 Likes

I think thats what i have done over watered them

1 Like

Personally I give the cup of soil a good soak to just get runoff, I do this on the same day I put my seeds in a paper towel so when it is time to put the sprouts in the soil it’s pretty much damp. Like said above 10-15 days I probably water em once and they got straight into their forever home a 5 gal fabric pot

3 Likes