Seedling looks like it's dying

I just germinated two new seeds, a Trainwreck, and a California Dream, both from ILGM. They are in the same chamber, which I’m keeping at about 75% RH. The Cali Dream seems fine, but the Trainwreck is looing yellowish. Neither have developed roots yet, so I’m not sure why the Trainwreck looks like it’s dying.

Hey mate, the first thing the knowledgeable folks are going to ask for is a good pic of what you’re talking about. Try to get a close-pic in normal white light :+1:

1 Like

Also this might help you:

https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/identify-marijuana-plant-problems/?utm_source=smartmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Shopify 2&utm_content=&_rmId=jn9pzvM8MosLdRKzM6GLU1YL7wErLLiLOLPn8zL1

The California Dream is the one in the foreground. I have it pictured just for comparison.

1 Like

The puddle of water on it cant be helping.

3 Likes

Too much water, and those appear to be absolutely nuked with nutrients. Have you been feeding them?

Seedlings need zero nutrients until the little round cotyledon leaves wither. In most cannabis soils you won’t need to add nutes for 4 - 6 weeks from the last transplant.

3 Likes

@MidwestGuy - Good call on the nutrients. As soon as you mentioned that, I realized I had rooting solution mixed as a foliar spray. I changed it out to straight water, but I think I’m just going to forgo the spraying since they are under constant high humidity for now. I’m doing DWC Hydro, so no soil. I’ll have to add nutes when I move it to the DWC, but for now, I’m going to keep with water only until they move and then go really light on the nutes.

Hopefully that brings the Trainwreck back around, but if not, I have a bunch more and a valuable lesson under my belt.

Thanks again everyone/ You guys are great

1 Like

Can some plz come to my post on my profile and help me please @MidwestGuy @BetrayedSoul @BStarr

2 Likes

@MidwestGuy In your experience, do you think the Trainwreck can recover or is she lost?

I honestly don’t know. I’ve never seen anything like that before. Sorry.

1 Like

Hey mate I’m definitely not up to giving any advice at all, sorry - just starting out myself. Although one of my seedlings looks much like that too. The other 3 are good but this one just looks stunted and sick. I haven’t given up on her though, I just dropped another seed of the same strain (ILGM Amnesia Haze Auto) into water 2 days ago and today planted her into her big girl pot with a nice healthy looking tap root. I maybe have been over watering but considering that the other 3 are good, she was the first of the 4 seeds to pop and grow, and they all have had exactly the same treatment, I’m honestly at a bit of a loss

1 Like

I noticed today she has a taproot. I moved it to a ceramic jar to hopefully get her to come around. I see a much better shade of green at the center now so I’m hopeful

1 Like

Oh that is a good sign! Fingers crossed she recovers

I checked her close today with a Loupe. She looks like she might pull through. Lots of green at the center. I’m being cautiously optimistic.

1 Like