Seedling lighting

Remind me what you’re wanting to do? Sorry, I’ve had my head buried in a lot of different projects recently.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 The parts list, plans and schematics of @Daddy light. And another question. Can and should you top auto plants? If so when?

I don’t grow autos, but my understanding is that most people don’t. If you’re going through successfully top them it needs to be done at pretty much exact time, and I’m not sure what that is. @garrigan62 or @Hogmaster I believe can help you there.

As far as far as the lights go, I believe he has bridgelux vero 29se cobs
8- BXRC-30G10K0-D-73-SE
4-BXRC-40E10K0-D-73-SE

Meanwell drivers
3- Hlg-320h-2100b

Rapid led
12- 140mm pin heatsinks tapped for bridgelux vero 29
12- arctic thermal pads
3- cased potentiometers with knob
3- 3 prong power cords

Probably 1-2 dozen wago connectors. 50-100’ spool of 18awg solid core wire rated for 300 volts minimum.

As far as your frame goes, that will depend on how big you want it. Most of use either 3/4” or 1” aluminum angle with .125” wall. To build three individual bars you’ll need at least 24 feet. Could be more or less based on cob spacing and if you want to make it one large fixture or not. I’m not exactly sure what @Daddy did there.

You should wait for him to verify exactly, but I’m pretty sure that’s what he used. Reflectors are something that’s optional too. But I’m sure he can tell you if I missed anything.

1 Like

@Saints

I do and only once. Do it while their still in early veg and then that’s it other wise you will stress her and you don’t want that. When you do top she will need time to recover which will be pretty muck around the time she starts to flower and they will flower at any given time.

Will

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!!!

1 Like

@Saints @dbrn32 has everything correct on my build and you can pretty much copy and paste that list to any company and they will set you up. For the frame I used 1in 90° aluminum angle for rigidity and strength. This light is pretty heavy and flexes alot even with the stock I used. I used 10 8’ sticks at $7.50 each plus 5 in freight from Grangers sister company. Then just figure out what you want your footprint to look like.

6 Likes

Thanks everyone thanks a lot. Do we have a buy sell and trade page yet? My solution is a little too warm for my liking in my hydroponic bubbling system. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

1 Like

Not here, member contact outside of forum posting is forbidden. That being the case, would be real difficult to swap goods.

2 Likes

Sorry @Saints the best we can do is tell you the companies with good service and pricing if you can’t find what you want local to your area.

1 Like

Just ph up or down your hydro solution. Add it directly to your res. Up or down what ever you want. Just a little at a time so you don’t over do it.

@timmyv324 thanks! @dbrn32 @garrigan62 @Daddy @M4ur @MattyBear Guys and gals I have a situation. For the past two days I noticed fan leaves on my white widow autos trying to twist on me. Those two are in DWC hydro bubble buckets. I thought it was my fans blowing too much air so I turned the fans off. They kept trying to twist. I was running The PH of the solution in my buckets between 5.5 and 5.7. Last night I increased the PH in both buckets to 6.1. I didn’t change anything else. They both looks awesome and the two WW autos isn’t twisting fan leaves anymore. Raising PH seemed to fix twisting but is this my problem? This is my very first grow. Thanks everyone.

Pictures please…
@Donaldj is our hydro master so I tag him :+1:

sorry for delay was harvest day so was in shed for about 8hr’s not all strains like same ph range but I would suggest confirming your meter is calibrated

1 Like

3 Likes

I hope these photos are good enough. The two in DWC buckets are WW autos. The other 4 are bag seeds. I LST the wws because I heard this helps them yield better. These plants are 25 days old. The wws looks kinda skimpy to me. Like they’re just weak. Like they would look if you watered them too much but they are in bubble buckets. How do they look everyone? I’m open for all constructive criticism.

They look great to me, nice and healthy. I like your use of pipe cleaners for LST, great idea.

Thank you @raustin. @Donaldj I check my res everyday for ph and today I noticed browning on my roots. I thought it was from the nutrients until I looked closely and realized it was rot. My first thought was to say forget it and move them over to soil but then I remembered you aren’t supposed to transplant autos. So I cleaned the bucket and ran to go buy some h2O2. My question to you all is can I just transplant them into soil? Hydro systems are quite tough on noobs lol. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

1 Like

The stress would play havoc on your lady stick to a good H2O2 peroxide regime 5-10ml/L and find cause is your res temp getting too high air not enough stones clogged all simple fixes. Res too warm add ice packs insulate res to keep cooler, get larger air pump new stones etc… If I spot root rot I go to a h2o2 reg of adding 29% at about 10ml a gallon kills pretty much anything but if res is kept cool 66-68 bacteria has a fight to take hold and greater airflow keeps oxygen level up which is what peroxide in essence is doing infusing extra oxygen

2 Likes

I love this forum! Wow!! Ok @Donaldj. I’ve cleaned the bucket. Should I cut old roots off or leave them? Also my air pump has a variable air flow rate. Between 1 to 12 I have my air pump set at like 4 (33% of its capability). Lastly my bucket solutions were getting around 78-84 degrees F. Totally my fault.

1 Like

You can hardly have too much air my pumps average between 50-70L p/min I wouldn’t root prune an auto but would flush res and change frequency of res changes to every few day until roots start to clear up

1 Like