Seedling Leaves Lime Green

Thank you! I am however blasting them with continuous 24/7 light at 60%. PPFD is around continuous 300ppdf

With organics especially it’s important to keep your soil moist it allows the organic material to start breaking down so your plants can eat it being dry will keep the roots from growing properly. What are you going to be feeding them?

LOL! Ok…your call but that’s just not enough.

Good Luck Chief!

Lol what? Please explain. Not enough what? I’m learning here

Here is a picture of the bottles of nutrients I plan to feed. I’m just not entirely sure about the ratios.

1 Like

I haven’t tried the GH brand but I’ve seen plenty of beautiful grows with it. It’s gonna take a little while to get all your soil wet because you will have to just pour a quart or so in each one wait a few minutes and do it again and repeat until you get some runoff, if you try to just pour it all at once there’s a risk of leaving dry pockets of soil in the middle or the water will just kinda run through it.
Note = overwatering is not caused from giving them to much water at a time it’s caused by watering them to often. Weed likes it when you water them then let them almost dry before watering them again. I find the easiest way is before you water this time lift a pot so you can lift it again after you water so you can lift them and tell when it is getting dry by their weight

I would soak the whole pots like described, I’ll bet it gets them going and they should be okay without feeding for another 2 weeks or more

1 Like

Ok, I think I am to the point that I do need legit help here. I have two out of five young plants not looking good (labeled and pictured below) A & B.

All 5 plants are 13 days since emerging from the soil.

Plant A seems severely small and behind. Plant B is kinda small but my concern is it’s yellowing and a TINY brown spot on the edge of one leaf.

The other 3 are looking good, but I really don’t know when to start watering until I get runoff and when to start feeding. Please tell me what to do and I will do it.

Environment has been 98%RH and 80*F. I’ve given all of them a little bit of PH’d tap water. I have bottles of General Hydroponics nutrients.

I just NOW removed the CO2 bag.

Here is updated pictures of the two sick plants and of the other 3 healthy plants.

@MeEasy @Myfriendis410 @Tylersays

I wrote what I thought in my last post I still have the same opinion on what is happening and what I would do. As for brown spots the only brown I see is on the coty leaves (little round) and that’s normal

Ok I’m going to water them right now like you said. A quart at a time until runoff

1 Like

Watered all plant’s pots with 1 qt of tap water. The runoff measured ~7.5PH. I turned the light up to 100% at ~24" above canopy. Also the CO2 bag is removed.

1 Like

What ph did you have going in? It will take a little bit but I’ll bet they perk up.

I never actually watered the soil for runoff until last night. I initially transplanted the seedling into the pot of dry soil and gave them a little bit of distilled water at the root. I didn’t start giving them a little bit of PH’d tab water until last week.

1 Like

That’s probably why they haven’t grown much the roots develop pretty fast and will fill the pot in a few weeks but if there’s no moisture in the soil the roots slow and no roots no plant. You don’t have to water the whole pot every time in the beginning because once it is wet it will stay wet for a while but you can’t start with it dry

Thank you so much for the feedback. If the plants are needing nutrients but I just watered them in the past day or so, should I wait for the soil to dry up or should I go ahead and feed? Here is today’s snapshot of the plants… the little one does NOT look healthy. It has some brown spots on each leaf.

1 Like

Is it your lighting that is making them so yellow? If not they’re very hungry just by looking at them, that’s hungry for food or light both makes them pail

The light has been on 100% and on 24/7 at ~24" above canopy. I JUST NOW fed them 30oz each. The feed solution is 3ml of CalMag, 3ml General Hydroponics Micro, and 5ml bloom per gallon of ~6.5PH Tap water… The runoff measured around 8.0PH.

1 Like

8 is really high what was it before you put it in

It was about 6.5. I just ordered a digital pH meter on Amazon. Should be here Saturday

1 Like

Ph isn’t that important when you are in soil until you start adding your foods, and that’s only when feeding salts n chemicals