Seedling Leaning

I am using bestva light ppfd is 445 by using photone app. My seedling is leaning i dont know why can you please help

1 Like

445 ppfd is high, you can use wire to hold her up. when mine get leggy, i will add alittle soil when i have room in the solo cup.

1 Like

What should be the ppfd then with photone app?? And i have supported her with a wire check it out is it okay?

2 Likes

I dont monitor ppfd, dli nor any other lighting metrics. Im sure its a great thing if you wish to do it.
The plant needs more light. When they stretch like that they are looking for stronger light. Its a genetic quality to get the leaves up quickly beyond any competing plants like grass or whatever else is growing so it can get direct sunlight.
Rather than the wire support you can simply add some more soil to the container to support the skinny stem. It will have the added advantage of extra roots from the buried stem as it grows.

2 Likes

@Spiney_norman has you covered, how far is the light from seedling?

2 Likes

Its about 26 inches away from light

1 Like

What model?

I agree with you, people like to get so techie with their lighting. If it makes you happy then go for it, but it’s not needed.

P.S. I almost bought a light meter. lol

2 Likes

I didn’t know about the model because my friend brought it from china… i just started growing… but the thing is i have been failed many times so much money i wasted on seeds and other stuff but all in vain now for the first time my seedling grows at this stage. I don’t want it to get ruined. Please help

Well you need to lower the light.
Try it at 18 inches.
Hold you hand under the light just over the seedling palm down and if the back of your hand gets uncomfortably hot then raise the light up a few inches.
You might be able to go as low as 12 inches but if we dont know the model light then we need to be careful.
There should be a model tag on top of the light.

1 Like

Nope nothing is written on the light but the light is same like you send the picture. And size also.

What are specs of your light??

I have 3 lights in a 3x4 tent running 435 true watts.
Bestva doesnt have any info about distance for their lights.
So just lower it to 16 to 18 inches and see how she does.
Like a lot of us you will probably replace it later with a better light, but it will grow one plant to get started.
Most of us started with a purple light like that. There are much better ones that will do you well.

Yes its kinda purple… Okay i move it to 18 inches first and will let you know after a while and will be happy to get your help…

1 Like

Just watch it for an hour and see if the seedling wilts. If so raise it up.
I seriously doubt it will.
If its ok it will be a day or so to see if the stretching stops.

1 Like

Okay. Will takecare about that. For now should i remove support wire or let it be?

leave it

I am new to this as well, here is what I have done with help from many on these forums.

Started with light at 30” ended up at 20” before she stopped stretching.

2 Likes

This is the light I have for now.

Its about an hour but plant didn’t wilts but stretching will take a day to stop let see what happens. But temperature is getting high… uff its not easy to grow… :frowning: