Seedling leaf diagnosis

1st time grower experiencing issues on issues. Can anybody help diagnose these 3wo seedlings? After comparing to pics online, it looks like nute deficiency, which I haven’t even introduced yet. They were both looking fine until two days ago when I switched their water from distilled to tap. I’m letting it sit at least 24hrs to dechlorinate, then adjusting pH b4 watering.

Over/under-watered? Adjusting to ‘new’ water?Lighting? Infestation? Mold? :thinking: Something else even scarier?:scream:

Overthinking. Please send help.

1 Like

I’d start there. I won’t use my local tap water. They use chloramine and it does not outgas like chlorine.

2 Likes

What do you use?

1 Like

Rain water mostly. I also have access to a well. In the middle of the dry season, I buy bottled spring water.

2 Likes

Obsession. The newb version. Voices n my head like, “Pluck the bottom leaves… They’re yellow nd crunchy anyway… U already killed 1… Toss em nd start over… Give em nutes… Ur nvr gonna grow shit… Jump out the window… Post new pics n the thread 1st…”

Uploading: 16399531033418876775166825338928.jpg…

1 Like

Can you give us a little more info and copy/paste and fill this out?

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you do not know, or do not use something asked about; Just say so, or post
NA (non applicable).

• Indoor or outdoor - size of grow, tent, toom

• Origin of water.

• Otigin of seeds. seedbank, friedn, bag seed.

• Regular, feminized, or autoflower

• -Age of plant. Veg ot flower

• Method: Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics.

• Vessels: Pots, Raised bed, Hydro,(what type hydro)

• PH and TDS/EC of source water

• PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution.

• Provided lighting: Power? LED, HID, Fluorescents, or other?

• Temperayitr; Day and Night

• Humidity; Day and Night

• Ventilation system; Yes/ No. Size?

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: Yes or no.

• C02: Yes or no

• Hydro:

a. -DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?

b. -Temperature of reservoir

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add; Anything else you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate ot the end of the survey in order to help us understand yout issues.

Thanks!

1 Like

• Indoor - 32x32x60" tent

• Water: tap, sit 24hrs, mix with distilled, pH with citric acid

• ILGM Big yield fem pk. Big bud already died. Amnesia haze and chocolope in the pics

• feminized

• 4wks in the soil

• Method: FF soil, coco, perlite

• Vessels: seedling bags

• PH of water: 6.3 lowered with citric acid

• PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution. NA

• Provided lighting: Power? LED, Viparspectra 1000w. Full spectrum. Dimmable

• Temperature; 78F

• Humidity; 60 rh

• Ventilation system; 4in exhaust with speed controller

• Humidifier, yes

• C02: no

1 Like

I’m so lost. Been searching for comparable pics and/or issues with solutions but unable 2 find any definite answers so far

1 Like

Well your using a mix of ff soil, coco and perlite? Have you been feeding JUST phed water? Or nutes mixed in?

1 Like

Yessir. Only pHd water so far. The cots r shriveled but not sure if that’s from maturity, or if they’re damaged like the others so I haven’t started any feedings

1 Like

To my inexperienced eyes, the new growth looks fine. I’ve accepted that I may not know exactly wuts affecting my girls but I’m def waiting this out 2c wut happens. But I’m concerned whatever this is has potential 2 spread 2 the healthy leaves. 2 prune or not 2 prune… That is the question lol

@Nicky @merlin44 @Covertgrower @PurpNGold74 @Myfriendis410 I’ve seen ur names pop up repeatedly during my search 4 answers nd maybe 1 of u can offer some input or advice? Happy Munday Fonday everyone!!!

2 Likes

What is the exact model is your pH meter? Has it been properly calibrated following the instructions provided with the device?

I agree, the new growth looks better than the older growth.
I think that @Covertgrower is among the best at diagnosing problems. @AfgVet is also quite skilled at diagnosing.

1 Like

Thanx 4 chiming in. My pH meter IS a cheap one from Amazon but I DID calibrate it according to the directions. Even watched YouTube videos 2 make sure I did everything correctly nd it seems 2b giving accurate readings. Puts my tap water around 7.4 and I keep measuring til it lowers about 1 full point. Aside from calibrating, there’s only a small range in pH of solutions I’ve measured with it

1 Like

Here’s the exact meter I purchased

1 Like

Do you have 7.0 and 4.0 test/calibration solutions? If so you should test your meter on each of the to insure accuracy.

If your meter is accurate, I would sit tight and watch the new growth as it matures to see if it stays nice and green. The folks that I tagged will likely weigh in with some excellent guidance for you.

1 Like

If you don’t, to at least get a guideline if it’s working somewhat properly, white vinegar is in the 4.0 range.

2 Likes

And yeah @Covertgrower these solution packets came with the meter and I used these two. I did not use the highest 1

2 Likes

Should I retest?

1 Like

I was going to test some white vinegar and suggest that too. Thanks @Covertgrower.

2 Likes

I think as long as the ph meter seems calibrated, I think it’s fairly accurate.
I would recommend getting some ph up or down that will help stabilize your ph in your medium. Citric acid does work, but doesn’t work well long term.
I would verify with run off that your ph is in range, and feed, as it looks like they’re hungry, but you ph isn’t in range for the plants to uptake them.

3 Likes