Seedling issue please help

Hmmm. Ok I thought you were just using the soil meter. Like @Pet_de_Chien mentioned try a low dose feed. Mix a half gallon at half strength. It’ll take a little math. After mixing nutes, pH it to 6.3-6.8. Then give her about a cup same as you would water her.

@Pet_de_Chien @Borderryan22 I got the ppm at 652 I only gave em a quarter dose of big bloom and grow big and 2 mL of cal mag.

2 Likes

Let her soak that up for a couple days.

1 Like

I just though to add, don’t use feed again unless she seems like she’s coming out of it. Since the dose was low, you can give her water next time, then try half strength in a week. If you’re in FF soils, it should still have a little something for a couple of weeks. 1 week after half strength (in 2 weeks) you should be able to go ¾ strength, then full the next. And apologies if I get a little confused or forgetful. I topic hop a lot.

3 Likes

Apologies Mr. Perez, been spending less time here and more in my own tents getting my superhots set for winter. @Borderryan22 gave you some good advice, The goal is to move slow, to be sure we are moving in the right direction, Happy Frog soils used to be very good, spotty at best these days it seems in terms nutrient mix, pH stability and being able to keep plants happy for the supposed “3 months”. In post 110 that photo shows a little girl getting hungry, and post 123 sounds excellent. Now its wait a day or so and see how they react.

2 Likes

I switched to coco as well with added perilite and 1to5 ratio earthworm castings in all 7 plants however I took two 12litre bags of fox ocean forest and mixed with 4/7 with top 4 inches just coco to start. Folliar spray calmag on mondays and half veg nutes on fridays.

Look how beastly the mix pots are compared to the strait coco. Two coco Bruce banners to the rights. 2x Gorilla and 2x Banner to the left in my not so secret mix.

Day 19 grow 2

1 Like

Did we all make the cheap mistake of buying the green “ph meter”? I do like how it accurately reads light intensity and soil moisture

3 Likes

They are some nice looking girls! And ya those probe meters will read moisture well. As far as light, though, they don’t read ppfd and dli, and those are the important light factors. The Photone app is a good one. Can choose light cycles for dli. If you have I phone, you have to put a piece of printer paper over the camera lens as a diffuser. Android no paper.

is it accurate for the light intesity? i didnt buy mine it came free. i use the water thing when i don’t want to do the knuckle thing. but was uninformed that the light meter works

they have one for androids . info please.

Just download Photone through the app store.

1 Like

Well it is day 27 and these girls are looking not so good been away for 3 days and was expecting alot to change I just watered them with plan ph water. Just thought I thought I would give yall update I’m not giving up thou just disappointed):. @Borderryan22 @Pet_de_Chien

1 Like

Did you feed her or just water her? She looks like she is getting hungry

1 Like

I feed her at 1/4 strength as before @Borderryan22

She looks all around hungry. You’re right at 4 weeks in, so the FF soil may just be out of good stuff. Do you know what the soil ppm is?

No I don’t have soil ppm meter and I haven’t watered toward runoff @Borderryan22

1 Like

Hungry as stated. Looks like new growth is green and stem has remained sturdy, she’s just hungry. What’s the ppm of your tap water? example: if your tap water was 300ppm then in the below you added on 352 of feed.

700-800ppm should get her green and moving along without burning her up.
Seems those FF HF soils have become very inconsistent, this is from observation and my use of them last few times using them, for house plants too.

Completely dry peat or coco become hydrophobic (repel water) when completely dried out. If this is the case, I know lots of folks would stand downwind and throw turds in a fan at this but it works, fill the runoff tray with Ph’d water, the medium will wick it up in what’s called capillary action until it cannot take anymore, now you have reached atmospheric max. If you add your little feed at the top, in theory it will displace runoff water at the bottom.

2 Likes

took ur advice dialing in my new room. thanx

1 Like

A regular cheap one can be used to test run off water or do a slurry test. Get a big spoonful of soil a few inches down, careful of the roots. Mix it with about the same amount of water, give a good shake, and after the soil settles, test the water.

@Pet_de_Chien was probably on point with the inconsistencies that FF soils have now. I have a bag of Ocean Floor that’s just been sitting on the back porch for months, and probably won’t get used.

Bump up the feed next time. You can feed ½ strength in another day or so. You can feed twice a week with dulled down mix.

1 Like