Seedling issue please help

Lol I still can’t proof read 6 days old lmao that’s Ole grandaddy grandad for ya lmao @Borderryan

1 Like

Lmao awesome.

1 Like

My seedling made 10 days old today since breaking ground! My other GDP is finally growing a lot better u just water them to runoff and their ph is looking good at 6.4 and ppm at around 1000

The blue dream got a haircut and transplanted a few days ago she is just been fine.

@Pet_de_Chien @Borderryan22

3 Likes

Looking good man!!!

1 Like

Do either one of you clone @Borderryan22 @Pet_de_Chien ?

2 Likes

Yeah just set 18 in, plus 4 tomatoes for my aerogarden. What’s your Q? I’m waiting on a Za dough, so I’ll be out when the rise is ready.

1 Like

Negative

1 Like

@Pet_de_Chien

What is a a za dough? And what do you use for clones? I.e. humidity dome with rapid rooter and like clone x gel what is your method? That has a high success rate?

Pizza dough, was making a deepdish for dinner.
I have a high success rate on the three methods i tend to use, for me its more about knowing where to take the cuttings from and the foliage prep, but sometimes you don’t get an option. My Micro cherry tomatoes, my dogs decimated my plants while I was at work, so I have 3 sprigs with 2-3 tiny leaves left, but they’ll live.
I have a spray cloner I made 20 yrs ago if I’m doing a bunch, if its just a few, I’ll do Clonex and stick in a root riot cube or the Kratys method. There’s a cat on here @hellraiser has a thread dedicated to it and lots to learn there.

2 Likes

Kratky in case you were googling this, I misspelled.

@Pet_de_Chien @Borderryan22 What is the growing medium yall use in your grows? I use soil as yall know. But which do yall use and why?

Coco, been using for 20+ yrs, not doing a history lesson. It’s clean, can be reused a few times before it breaks down, it starts bug free and it grows fast. Its like hydro less the pia of hydro.
also
Peat mix - Promix/FFHF-OF, when I want to slow things down but bugs, effin bugs and salts/tox/flush(pia) if you’re not careful.

2 Likes

I use Coco right now, going to do a Gold Leaf, total organic grow using Roots Organic soil and Earth Dust Base and Bloom. I’ll have a Purple Punch going in coco using Jack’s.

1 Like

What promix do you use @Pet_de_Chien @Borderryan22 ? Can you use bottles nutes with Coco? Or is like FFHF and FFOF with 30 days of nutes?

FF has Coco loco which is basically Coco with some nutrient loaded soil in it. You don’t have to give it nutrients for a few weeks like Ocean Forest or Happy Frog.

You can also get straight Coco coir that comes in expandable bricks. There are no nutrients in it so it has to be watered/fed every day.

I used Canna Coco expandable bricks, for this grow, and expanded them using full strength Jack’s. I feed every day using full strength Jack’s. It’s easiest to use and most gentle. No flushes either :sunglasses:

Coco doesn’t hold or absorb water the same as soil so it needs to be watered/fed daily. You can wash it after your grow as well and reuse it.

1 Like

:point_up_2: Ryan got ya.
Coco is inert, doesn’t hold much, must water feed everyday, but it does rob calcium until it saturates cation sites, so bump it. Good quality buffered has this done for you already by the time you expand it.
Liquid nutes are basically dry nutes, that you paid a premium to have someone hydrate for you.
Yes, FF add slow release minerals like lime/gyp/kelp/bentonite/ worm poo/bone meal/alfalfa/potash etc so its good for roughly 30 days.

2 Likes

Hmm I have to do more research to understand this better lmao the plant my friend gave me is Coco and I love the way it grows! I don’t water everyday as he said not too and I check the moisture with my moisture meter and it tends to say moist for apx 2 to 3 days before I water again and I cycle feeding with water to nutes every other watering i.e nutes next water is just ph balanced then back to nutes @Pet_de_Chien @Borderryan22

This is her 2 days ago on the last nute watering and I noticed somehow I LST her into a triangle :small_red_triangle: :sweat_smile:

All depends on what you want and how aggressive you want to grow. It’ll dry out fast if humidity is low and lights are high, you see the droop and know almost as fast as in hydro. Its basically Hydro-lite, the more forgiving :church: version.(had to edit)

2 Likes

@Pet_de_Chien @Borderryan22 how long do yall usually leave your seedling in a solo cup?

1 Like