Seedling Is a foot tall

I found an old seed in an old bag of weed and planted it. Much to my surprise it sprouted and I’ve given it plenty of light but it’s a week old and has grown to 1 foot tall. Should I try to pin it down because I don’t want a huge plant or should I just wait and see? It still has only baby leaves on it.

1 Like

Post a pic. Its more than likely just stretched really far up

1 Like

It sounds like what you said. I am not near the plant so I can’t post a picture now but why would it stretch if I was using a huge light on it? Actually the first day the baby leaf got burned slightly from being blasted with light. How can I stop it from stretching or what should I do? I been giving it 16 hours of light a day.

What kind of light is it and what kind of soil do you have it in? Ba seedling thats is a week old usually isn’t a foot tall already because they have to grow roots first.

1 Like

If its tall thin and lanky its stretched

3 Likes

I would like to see pic too please

4 Likes

A 300 watt flood light bulb may be a big light but its color spectrum and intensity would have you falling super short for growing anything. Can you be more specific about your set up and parameters?

1 Like

If you’re not using a full spectrum grow light with enough intensity, seedlings stretch. A “huge light” wont make them do that. Also, an “old seed in an old bag of weed” probably doesn’t have the best genetics. If you can post pics and a list of your medium, equipment, and general care you’ve been giving it then the pros here can steer you in the right direction. Best of luck on your grow!

3 Likes

This is my first attempt at growing and so my grow set up is terrible. ( I do have a full spectrum light but I thought it would be too much for a seedling so I didn’t use it) I used a 60 watt grow bulb I just shined the light on the seedling but I have it at a distance of about 9 inches because the first time I had it ruff on top of the plant and it burned a leaf slightly. The plant is in a plastic cup. I don’t want to share pictures because I don’t want to get pinched. I think the seedling is taking a turn for the worst. It’s nose diving I think potentially due to its getting top heavy growing leaves but it’s a foot tall. This might end up being a crash and burn. I am not giving up yet but I am not feeling very confident. I been giving between 12 and 16 hours of light.

Something weird about the seedling and perhaps this might explain the height…I planted it and it sat in a cup for three weeks and I was about to call it a fail. I misted the cup and went for a walk and when I returned from my walk the plant had sprouted and it was instantly just there…it was a 4 inch sprout like instantly. It went from nothing to 4 inches while I had been out on my walk. I then started with the light and it doubled in size on its first day and it has just continued to get taller and taller daily so maybe it was growing longer under the cup but to me it really seems to have grown a foot in one week.

Then its prob a beanstalk and you must be jack haha

5 Likes

Welcome to the community ! sounds like a repot an backfill candidate. Good luck

3 Likes

I would wonder first of it is a feminized seed? If not it could be a male? I’m no expert but I have grown alot of pot that was just broadcast in the dirt and then pull what you want. Here in Ky, I’ve noticed that makes shot up fast and females are short and wide. Like my wife lol. Anyway males grow y’all and thin , females short and wide, the pollen from your males can then fall and your sticky females can catch it. I might be all wrong. But just thought that it was worth mentioning.

1 Like

I’d love my plants to be so… vigorous

1 Like

You can get a VPN for just a couple dollars a month.

Also it takes more then just a couple pictures to prove you, as a person sitting behind a keyboard posting pics on a forum, are also the same person who grew the photographed plant, and that the photographed plant is, infact, an illegal one. It would cost alot of money to pay a police officer to comb the forums for a week, to have them come up with just your one plant. There are also things you can do to create reasonable doubt, don’t admit to having actually done anything when you post. Don’t say my plant say this plant, don’t say I grew a plant say a plant grew. Or be like…

Does this look ok?

4 Likes

My friend. it is possible nothing is wrong with your plant. On the other hand, noone can make an informed choice for advice without seeing the plant.

Consider this. Millions of people are growing. Unless there is some underlying reason why you cannot share a photo; You should jsut share one. IMO…VpN does not matter.

4 Likes

For a tomatoe plant it looks fine lol

4 Likes

Plus that wouldn’t care about one tiny sprout. They are looking for the big illegal grow ops.

2 Likes

Yep not worth paper work for anything under 5 plants for cops. They would fill more paper work than it would be worth ud be free wothout issues and they would still be writing. They r looking for the big ops 100 plants or more 50 plants or more. If ur not in legal state use a friend plant as a reference like states above. If ur worried about someone pin pointing ur location make sure location is turned off on phone before taking pics. Problem solved. Sounds like lack of light to me. Good luck

2 Likes

@Dieselgrow1031 :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: jack and the bean stalk

1 Like