Seedling growing slow, help

My plants are 8days old, temps are 75 degrees, humidity is 68% , led 36in away at 50% strength. Solo cups in light warrior soil. Sitting on heat matt for seedlings. They seem to be barely growing . For 8days old i would like to think they should at least be a few leaves by now. Any advice wouud be appreciated.

1 Like

I suspect the medium is too damp. Notice the sprout on the front left with curling leaves. I would allow to dry out some then place a dome over them. Mist the dome twice a day with distilled or R/O water. Lights should be on 24/0.

3 Likes

Put the dome back on? I have a hunidifer an heater an heat matt in a 5x5 tent

1 Like

I only misted the soil every morning, its dry at the bottom, there in clear cups, 2 , 1with drain holes an the other is to catch any water an its covered with foil tape, but if u pull the cup out an look its really not saturated with water. They just seem to not be getting any bigger, its been 8days since the 1st popped out of the soil

All the growing is happening underground right now. They’re putting down a root system. They’ll take off top side in the next week or so.

5 Likes

Wonderful, thats what i was hoping for. :crossed_fingers:

Light Warrior has zero nutritional value, it’s just a bunch of peat. Start feeding them a mild mixture of nutrients, or repot them into soil.

1 Like

Ohhhhh, i thought it had nutrients!! Sweet, ill definitely give them a light dose of nutes!

I put them in dark cups with ffof an hf an perlite. just a pinch of ffof tho lol. An clear cups on top. hope they grow now, sh!t got me stressed tf out.

1 Like

I think ur seedlings are just putting out roots into the medium , seedlings will grow for awhile then they stop to put roots out and then they start to grow again and then they stop to put out more roots .just be patient if you have liquid seaweed mix 2.5 mls in a one ltr spray bottle of water and use that to mist or water ur plants the seaweed liquid helps with healthy root growth and development aswell i use liquid seaweed all the time

3 Likes

Im toing to agree with Aussie seedlings usually spend the first week or 2 putting out roots then focus on growing

3 Likes