Seedling, edges of the leaves turn brown, even in new small leaves and they do not grow

Hi there, serial killer of many different plants in the past have 5 LSD seedlings. They almost 3 weeks now but 2 weeks ago, I dropped a pretty weighty lid on one of them, the stem itself was not damaged, but a small brown scar remained on one of the leaves. After a couple of days, I noticed that a brown scar appeared on the opposite leaf too. These were the very first internodes, but the second ones were only began to grow and twisted at the tips and turned brown and the leaves stopped growing, the sweet baby tried to release a few more internodes, but each of them already had a kind of brown pin at the tips and stopped growing. All five kids grew up in the same conditions but only this one behaves like this.
Frankly i’ve been a pretty shitty and irresponsible mom the previous couple of weeks, couldn’t get a tent for too long, proper lighting, kept them in the sun in a transparent container during the day and under a fluorescent light at night and since english is not my native language and im still learning it took a billion years to translate and put in my head at least the most necessary part of this endless layer of exciting information on this site… I’ll end my whining by saying that yesterday I finally installed the tent and lighting and remembered about fertilizer (wow) and overnight the girls grew lovely new leaves at an accelerated pace, so its probably not so bad… well, except for this sickly girl. Dear experienced residents of this cozy forum please tell me how to rehabilitate the baby!

4 Likes

Just some leaf variegation going on, they’ll grow out of it. They are stretching though, lower the light and keep them under the fluorescent light through the seedling stage. Put some medium around the base to support the stems. I would cover them all with a clear solo cup, this will create a humidity dome for the leaves to absorb the moisture and feed them. Mist the inside of the dome and remove daily for some fresh air. I keep this dome on for 12-14 days then transplant to their forever home :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

thanks for the relief!
all three weeks I kept them in a transparent closed container outside, but in partial shade and the little ones clearly lacked light. only two days ago I put them under the right lighting, fed them with bergmans seedling booster and new leaves grew as they should, but only this one releases leaves this shape and looks sick, even new leaves do not grow in length.
some of the pots are already having roots sticking out, should I repot them right away or should I wait for them to grow a little more?

2 Likes

At 3 weeks above ground you can transplant. Put them in their forever home and watch them grow :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

:fist_right: :boom: :fist_left:
thaanks!!!

2 Likes