Seedling/early vegative slight yellowing

Hey everyone, looking for some advice. My girls are at the 25day mark, soon to enter early vegative and over the past couple days ive noticed edges of leaves are starting to lighten/yellow. My lights are currently about 30inchs away from canopy(ppfd 600-650 50%dimmable mars hydro ts3000 480w). Space is 4x4. Using a super soil that is water only(ppm of soil 600, until i add organic nutes) i have not added nutes except for a root roid advised by manufactor as a product to run with their organic soil( yes half dose, is to promote root growth and help fight off root rot). My watering “schedule” as its a water only soil and cant do run off is every few days to keep moisture up to couple inchs below top of soil( not soaking, gradually moistening soil). Humidity 70% and temps 26-28degrees celcius while lights on. Light cycle 18/6. Although new growth continues to grow its worrying the slight discolouration as the girls telling me somethings off. Thanks in advance for help/advice, heres a couple photos. Should i be worried yet or just novice overthinking?

1 Like

Welcome to the community Growmie. Resembling the start of a magnesium deficiency. Are you using epson salt as part of your watering routine? Great source of magnesium and sulfur, 1/2 teaspoon per gallon and use this every watering :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thanks mate happy to have found this forum. Ok great just done a light reading on epson salt for plants and can only help out. Using calmag would be counter-productive if the girls only need mag right?

1 Like

Thinking i have a box of epsom salts in house aswell haha

Use the combo if that’s what you have, 3-5 ml per gallon is the normal dosage. How much calmag have you been using ?:love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Honestly mate at this stage i havnt used any, thought it might have been a bit early on since i havnt exactly reached veg yet. Though im guessing i should/could have been?

1 Like

No worries Growmie and I would start with 3 ml per gallon and feed every watering :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Ok cool so feed the calmag combo ever watering your saying mate?

1 Like

Yes, this can be adjusted when you start top dressing your dry nutrient amendments if they contain calcium and magnesium. No harm in continuing 3 mils the complete life cycle :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Awsome, thanks mate for taking the time to share some knowledge, appreciate it :metal:

1 Like

Calmag feeding asap, my girls thank you haha

1 Like

Anytime Grow Bro! The community is a great place with wealth of experienced cultivators willing to help you succeed. Tag me anytime :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Hi there. Where are you exhausting to?

2 Likes

My tent is in a shed, i exhaust out of tent with 10" mars hydro inline fan with carbon filter(though not needed yet) and out of shed. Do you think im doing something incorrect? Still learning :metal:

Just wondering how u have it set up with such a bend in both. I probably am looking at it wrong. Darn smoke getting in my eyes.

1 Like

Haha nope not the smoke mate there is a couple unwanted bends in the hose, positioning of tent wasnt thought out for the ducting hose/inline fan,though i have checked and with bends its still sucking out but some redesign is needed your right :metal:

1 Like

Thanks mate you just motivated me to sort it out

Removed unwanted bend and exhaust though bottom of shed :metal:

3 Likes

Cool beanos might be better sucking now. :wink:

3 Likes

Hahaha most deffinetly

23 days from sprouting, they are photos but should they be bigger than they are by now? Excluding the two little ones that were a bit behind to begin with.

2 Likes