Seeding problems! Poor Loretta!

11/28, day 20. She seems to be adjusting. I upped her light a bit to 30 DLI. Her stem is very stout for her size, imo.

I have placed her pot onto a milk crate with no saucer underneath, figure anything that helps airflow is a good thing.

2 Likes

Lucy sure is a pretty thing.
:grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks! You should post a picture of yours.

1 Like

Day 21, 11/29 - She still seems a wee bit droopy, but checked her weight, she’s fine, checked her using two different moisture meters in different spots in her pot, they all read mid-moist. She’s got enough water.

I pushed her to 20/4 cycle. I’d like to get a bit more height on her, though she is going to be short. Don’t want her being only 1 foot tall! She’s up to 5 inches today, but she’s much more focused on pushing out leaves then growing taller. Plus I’m sure she’s very busy trying to fill the pot with roots.

Patience, Fiz.

2 Likes

She looks very healthy!

1 Like

Thanks! The bit of droop makes me a little nervous, but well - she seems to be growing and using her water. I know she should do well in the PfP, she did fine in the mini cup of it. She’s probably still adjusting a bit after the transplant.

My 3x3 and my “3000W LED” (=300 w) is in the house, not set up yet. I figure I’ll get her in there next month when she really flowers.

1 Like

What kind of light are you using now?

Yeah, she does look good, though. I understand, though; mine also looks a tad droopy, but I don’t know how common that is with Afghan with all of the think foliage. To my knowledge, I’m doing everything right, she looks really healthy, her leaves are neither wilty nor dry, she’s growing a lot … :thinking:

1 Like

I have a Marshydro TS1000, 150 watts. I figured that would be enough for one plant. But I was able to get the cheapo 300w light for a really cheap price (no wonder, you’ve got to adjust it with a screwdriver, wadda pain.) and I honestly need a bigger tent. The exhaust filter I have in there is ridiculously huge, taking up floor space.

1 Like

Ok, my friend’s plant is now at 8 weeks. I am hoping to do at least half as well.

I’m not training Lucy, so she’ll never look like that, but there’s always next time!

Lucy at 22 days.

2 Likes

Last night at bedtime, aggh.

This morning, much better. I know she’s not overwatered. She had 1/2 gallon 5 days ago and still shows moist on the meter plus she’s still one pound over her “pre water” weight. I’m going to have to get used to this - it gives me a new grey hair every time I see it.

With all the pistil development, I have to believe it’s going well. She’s a bitty little 6.5 inches - and lights are at 20/4, 40 DLI. Hoping to get some more height out of her, but again - she’s not quite a month old.

12/1, 23 days.

@Hellraiser If you have a minute - what’s up with the “precocious puberty” thing she’s doing?

2 Likes

She’s starting to flower as autos like to do about that time.

Good lord! She’s just over 3 weeks of age. Well thank you. I’m surprised that it’s this soon. I’m comparing to a friend who’s also growing an auto - different strain - and he saw his first flower at 35 days.

Should I do anything different or just keep on keeping on?

Autos are on their own schedule, so whenever they feel like flowering.

Would be time to switch to flowering nutes, unless you are in some kind of super soil or using ferts that are good for veg and flower like Jacks.

I am using a Pot for Pot. I do have nutes available, but she’s had nothing to date but a bit of Sugar Daddy and Root 66.

1 Like

12/3 Day 25 Someone’s happy this morning! I suspect those roots finally made it to the bottom of the pot, where the very last of the moisture is hiding. (A layer of supersoil lives under the coco/soil blend.) I’ll have to measure, but she’s visibly taller than yesterday.

3 Likes

Heads up- she’s starting to look hungry. If you’re not feeding yet it might be time to introduce a light nute load. :v:

I prepared a 1/4 strength mixture of the bloom formula from my Recipe for Success nute kit. I haven’t used it b/c well, she’s still showing a wee bit of moisture in the pot. I’m a bit worried b/c it’s been a week since she’s had water.

The Pot for Pot has about 1/4 “superb soil” at the bottom, topped with a mix of the superb soil with the coco for 3/4 of the pot. (5 gallon) I believe she has finally gotten her roots down into that layer, b/c she was showing droop until last night.

2 Likes

Oh, and she has grown to 9 inches, up from 7.25 yesterday morning. She’s really growing like crazy.

2 Likes

Ok! Lucy grew another half inch overnight, so she’s not going to be a bonsai after all.

And just for fun, here’s my friend’s 9 week old Afghan auto. He has done absolutely nothing to her but train her. She gets regular water, not even pHed, no nutes, nothing. First grow for this guy, also in a PfP, also with the Mars TS 1000 light.

He’s my newbie hero.

2 Likes

My happy girl this morning - this was right after lights on, and she’s all perky.

3 Likes