Seed storage long term methods

So I recently put together a rather large seed order. I have the ability to harvest 6 to 9 plants a year so my order will supply me for many years if they are stored correctly. So I’m looking for storage methods so far I have seen envelopes ( doesn’t seem like a go to approach ) and I have also seen freezeable pill bottle style containers. Any methods I missed. Happy to hear any thoughts. @MrPeat @Covertgrower @zee @repins12

1 Like

I use an aspirin bottle and duct taped up to make it completely opaque. Dropped some rice in the bottom and store it in the fridge.

2 Likes

I use the little zip baggies they come in and also use 1 gallon ziplock bags. I do have small seed plastic things. They twist on and off. Also going to start vacuum seal.

2 Likes

I have a mason jar with oxygen absorbers, as well as moisture absorbers. If I leave the jar alone long enough it eventually has a little bit of a vacuum in it.
Fridge is good, if you don’t have kids in there monkeying with things. I keep mine in a dark, room temperature cabinet.
You could vacuum seal them in the mason jar and stick in the freezer as well.

2 Likes

Not stocking enough or long enough, yet :slight_smile:

I use plastic opaque vacuum type containers that I used to use for transportation of larger amounts of weed. I put silica packs not in direct contact with the seeds and keep it in the refrigerator. Basically I have 2. 1 for photos and 1 for autos.

1 Like

Here is a picture of what I use:

:+1: :v:

1 Like