Seed Selection Journal

Ohh snap. See I think it’s better to just join the lab if you want to go that route, I think that’s one reason it’s enforced.

1 Like

That’s what they want

1 Like

And rightfully so…

Nothing WE can do, but he made his choices, and I know he’s been warned before on other incidents. @RandomlyRan

1 Like

Yup. I believe its this simply. Multiple times. A year is a tad much but he was also banned like a week or two ago. We’ll see how it shakes out. I was super excited to see how his grow was coming together

2 Likes

Well I learned either this doesn’t work, which is hard because of the people that have had success with it OR I suck at selecting them lol. I ended up with 3 males and 1 female #2. I will go back and look at #1 #3 and #4 and #2 especially and retry with ends that look like #2.

I may throw the best male back in the tent and get more seeds. PT (Mendocino purple x Trainwreck) and I want to cross it with Kryptonite (Mendocino purple x killer queen) so I would have 50% mendo purp 25% Trainwreck 25% killer queen (parent of c99) more seeds means more pheno to pick from of each before I breed them @PurpNGold74 @Gremmall @Mrcrabs @Not2SureYet
Edit I suppose I could take the pollen and just dust a couple buds so I still get smoke lol

8 Likes

I have always wondered if that old list was right or not, I figured it wouldn’t be. Almost like trying to guess if an egg is a hen or rooster.

2 Likes

Well I’m going to try again and see if I get better at it. Maybe it just takes practice. I don’t want to write it off and say it’s not true, even tho it may be.

3 Likes

I will follow along each time, it still peaks my interest.

Welcome back bro :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I like the sound of that! When i needed to pollenate single branches I:

1. Separated the male
  2. Put baggies on each arm RIGHT before they started popping open.
  3. Clipped whole nodes into separate bags.
  4. Removed female from area.
  5. Slipped bag onto branch for 30-45 mins.
  6. VERY IMPORTANT. SPRAY OUTSIDE OF BAGS WITH WATER. WATER MAKES POLLEN… inviable? Unviable? Kills plant sperm :joy: i said sperm :skull::skull:
  7. Remove bag n spray branch before returning female to grow, so u wont accidentally pollenate the rest
3 Likes

Definitely just make some seed not the whole plant!
Thanks for the follow up, so that’s one person that sais it work and one that sais it doesn’t…

I’m going to try this yet. Got nothing to loose really.
Going to look at the seeds with a microscope or loop to confirm and any that arnt clear shapes I will toss aside

3 Likes

No problem Nick. And i can definitely assure u it works. Pollenated multiple branches on multiple plants and had majority sensi seeds. This round i hope to do the same with 2 different male donors on each plant. Already have a confirmed male Harliqueen.

3 Likes

It may work, perhaps I just need more practice. Mr.Crabs and Not2sureyet both use it. It’s possible after doing it for so long you get better at it. This being the first time I’ve done it I wouldn’t be surprised if I screwed it up lol

1 Like

That was kinda my plan. So are you saying in the last few steps to spray the female i pollenate branch after I take the bag off? To kill any loose pollen?

3 Likes

I would be sure to read up on this process

1 Like

Now I really wish you had numbers these :smile: If you look way up at the start. I had saw one with a possible second from your pictures. You only chose to grow one that I thought would work. looking at pictures is harder to choose by. I have 2 more I did this way that both came out females since this started. So I am still at 100% I see a lot of maybes. But only choose what I feel I am certain about.
If you want. You can send me some of your seeds and I will see if I can get you females. I could have them headed back your way the next day. You could at least see what I look for in these.

As forp ollen. @Bogleg is a great source of info as he is always breeding.

3 Likes

That’s not a bad idea. I will go thru them again and send them in seperate containers so I see how many I had that you think will be female also.

2 Likes

That will work. Now don’t go messing up my winning streak LOL I feel pretty good about choosing though. I have some seeds that I have no idea about. There are almost no holes to look at in them. So they would all be maybes.

3 Likes

Lol. I will try to keep your batting avg as high as possible lol

3 Likes