Seed Prices. Why so expensive

Hi,

First post ever. Why do prices for seeds vary so much. I know you can buy a pair of shoes for $50, or $500 and in general you get what you pay for, but I’m seeing seeds in the USA for $500. Whats that all about. Are these seeds really that much better.

Shop different seed banks. Magic beans usually cost between $5-$15 per bean, and you can usually buy in amounts of 1,3,5,10, and 100.

1 Like

Welcome! It may be a rare strain. There was a post on here that had a 10 pack of regular seeds for $10k. I forget what strain it was.

2 Likes

Hi,

Cheers mate. Wow for 10K I’d want him to grow it for me. Unbelievable.
Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

And being regular seeds, imagine if you ended up with 10 males. That would be my luck.

4 Likes

exactly… if you are a breeder and need seeds then no worries but if you want bud…getting a bunch of males can be troubling… thats where the fem is nice to have and worth a few more $$'s in my opinion…

2 Likes

Pretty bad even if it ended up being 50/50, holy crap…!

1 Like

That would so frost my nuts! I won’t bother buying regular seeds for that reason alone. I don’t mind paying a little extra for fems.

For $10k you’re definitely going to want some males so you can breed your own $1000 seeds.

2 Likes

I can get n average about 25 seeds for $100. Stupid UK prices and costs of shipping. I just wait for a good promotion. :+1:

1 Like

The money isnt in the end product. The price comes from the time it takes to stabilize the genetics, experimentation, power, water, rent, paying top genetic scientists isnt cheap. Basically, if you wanna make it big in the canna bizzz. Gota start @ the beginning.

1 Like

The average ratio is typically 60:40 females to males.
Like others stated, it could be a rare strain, and demand plays a role in that also.
I purchased some blueberry from the original breeder, that costed a bit, and I waited 7-8 months for it to come into stock. Sold out just as fast too. @LMP1

Have you looked at Nirvanna seeds?

1 Like

Or you could do what I did, screw up, miss a nanner and boom - free fem seeds for life :laughing:

1 Like

Right on the money. I look at how many years Mephisto puts into perfecting a strain and think their prices are too cheap! No one else would agree with me, of course. Well, maybe @DivChem would.

2 Likes

Never thought of that. But yeah can see that now.
Cheers DivChem and everyone else who replied.

1 Like

in a now legal state it doesnt really bother me too much to pay $10 a bean to have options of proven genetics esp feminized vs just bag seed of hopefully what you think you have and hope they arent hermies… ive created a few nice strains over the years that i sustain but havig proven options is very nice…

1 Like

It’s hard to throw down a few hundred dollars for a seed order, but when you think that you can now choose your strain, you get excellent genetics from many of the suppliers, and you can get feminized seed, then I’m more okay with it.

My last order was (and probably my next order will be) on Black Friday and I got a bunch of beans for strains I’ve never tried thrown in. I get to try those now. I’ve got an orange barb strain that I never heard of growing up right now and I’m eager to try it.

I keep clones, but I still like the symmetry of weed from a bean.

2 Likes

To be honest, its a tough one. I got some seeds last year from a supposed good seed company, I won’t name them, as I’m not into all that, just never use or recommend them again.
Took them to Spain, 4 out of 5 popped, so I was happy with that. They grew beautifully to be honest, but had no bang to it at all. Quantity great, quality absolutely use less. I wouldn’t mind but they were there most expensive seeds at the time, Gorilla glue. It’s for personal use, which is why quality is what I was after. I would honestly pay top dollar for a quality seed, that does what it says on the tin. Couldn’t go through what I did last year, broke my heart man.

2 Likes

Dont forget worker’s compensation and health insurance costs!! Internet presence ect ect… Soil costs, nutrients… Dont forget setting up shell companies to move these genetics on a truly global scale so they arrive safe n sound in your mailbox… Hippies aint doing this free love and peace… Well maybe a piece of the capitalist pie… Just sayn…

2 Likes