Seed pops then don't grow

@raustin my roommate said they aren’t root bound he thinks its bc the root finally hit the nutes in soil and got a lil burnt. He said just to water out every couple days bc top leaves are nice and green. So we will see. I can only learn by mistakes. I’ll keep u updated and thank you

Nope, they’re rootbound. I can tell because the leaves are numerous, but small. Those leaves should be twice the size. It’s like growing a bonsai, you’re stunting it’s growth. If it were nute burn you would see the edges of the leaves turn yellow and then brown. The only one that looks unaffected is the smallest plant.

You can keep them in those cups for as long as you want, but just know what is going on. You can easily check the roots by lifting them out of the cups.

2 Likes

Ok…I thought he was wrong. That’s why I asked u…one was weird from the beginning…Can i use fox farm and polite again?

1 Like

@raustin im going to put them in 3 gallon bags. They are only almost three weeks old. I’ll use fox farm with some perlite. Then I just can let them veg out

Yes, you can use the Foxfarm and perlite, but you might get a little nute burn till they get used to the hot soil, don’t worry about.

Absolutely sounds like a good plan. At three weeks they should’ve been transplanted a week ago. You’re going to see some big growth in all of them in about a week.

1 Like

@raustin thank you again! Post some new pics soon

1 Like

@raustin u were right look how beautiful my girls are…they are growing quick. Three are smaller but I’m hoping they catch up quick…

5 Likes

Wow, they’ve had quite a growth spurt, they look beautiful. Glad I could help.

2 Likes

Thank you. You were a big help.

2 Likes

I second @raustin. Keep up the good work and don’t hesitate to ask any questions!

3 Likes

They look great @Kyliegirl146! And in my very limited experience (first grow), when they get to this stage, they really start to grow quickly. You’ll be amazed at how much bushier they are next week, hopefully! Happy growing!

2 Likes

This is my first soil grow. Years ago I.use to do hydroponics. To easy to screw up but I like this soil thing. Thank you for compliment on my babies. I don’t even have to feed them right now.

1 Like

@raustin hey, hope ur having a nice evening, three of my plants are five weeks old and I don’t know what to feed them or how much …can u help me out…I’m not sure if I should use the fox farm chart seems all little strong to me…But idk

It depends in part on what they are growing in. I can’t remember if your plants are in 3-gallon or 5-gallon pots. but if they are in Fox Farm soil in either of those sizes, you should be good for a while longer yet, and can hold off with the nutes. I use the fox Farms Grow Big nutes at half-strength in the veg stage. (This is my first grow though, so I’m no pro.). I just flipped to 12/12 so in a week or two, I’ll start using Big Bloom instead. Good luck!

@WonkaMan I thought u were suppose to use tiger bloom as well

I don’t know about “supposed to’s” vis a vis feeding plants nutes (other than the basics). @raustin would probably have better (more experienced & specific) advice about this. I’m just using Grow Big and then Big Bloom, but Tiger Bloom may well be a good idea too.

She told me to follow the chart at 5 weeks next week. Im going to but maybe a 1/4 of the strength…I st want to over due it but they ate planted in fox farm ocean forest. I might use the others as well not sure Yet…but I ask her advice and a couple others were a big help w other issues. My tent is 90 degrees. I have a exhaust fan but it don’t stay on a lot the only way to keep humidity up til its budding then fan and Windows on tent well stay on and open. They like the heat idk why cause its not suppose to b real hot but bc of where I live this is the hottest and most humid time of year.

90* is quite hot. I would leave your fan on more, if I were you, and if you’re able to. They don’t need it to be too humid in there, but if you’re in a really dry place, you could always leave a bowl of water in the tent, or hang a damp towel from one of the bars each morning. That would certainly keep it humid in there. (Anywhere from 50%-70% relative humidity should be fine.)

I keep it on during the day and turn it off at night but ill post a picture they are fine idk why…