Seed Head Came off Germinating -- Can I plant root

Well – the root of one seed has pulled away from the seed hull. Is the root still viable?

@CurrDogg420
@LongtimeListener_FirsttimeCaller
@Retiredoldguy
@Newt
@Reed71
@SnkeyezCobra

1 Like

I’ve had it happen, mine came up. Be very gentle and get it in the soil, don’t worry about which way is up it will figure it out. I use the plant tag like a little scoop

Great idea on the tag :upside_down_face: I hope it makes it. It’s my only ILGM seed for this grow – a gelato.

I’m not quite sure my friend… I had one with the hill stuck on and I killed it trying to remove it… so very carefully is my only advise :man_shrugging: Sorry but I am sending good luck and positive vibes your way Grny!!

Thanks my friend. It seems I pray a lot throughout this process… You’ve been so helpful. I scooped the tail with the label and dropped it into the pod. A few days will tell the tale. Have a blessed day.

1 Like

If you have 2 white parts (head and tail) I think it is unlikely. But possible.

2 Likes

Were the Cotyledons still attached if so ok if not very unlikely.

2 Likes

As life would have it, she already has popped. Incredible.

1 Like

Glad it worked out. Hopefully I have the same luck with my “breech babies”

I had a breech baby in the group too… a strange germination for me. What should we expect with Fri. 13th, the full flower moon and an full lunar eclipse collide.

1 Like

Has yours come up, or you still waiting? No signs for mine yet

Yes, it came up over night. I was surprised because I could barely see a root tip and thought she was stuck… That’s her – upper left.

2 Likes