Seed bank tricks and sales gimmicks

It’s no secret after a few grows you start to understand that most seed banks recommended times estimated yields etc are usually reserved for the elite growers with optimal equipment and years of knowledge under their belt. What about the estimated THC levels per strain do you think as small time personal homegrowers running LEDs in decent conditions but not perfect are going to hit anywhere near the THC levels a strain is suppose to produce. Also if anyone knows a legit cheap way to test your buds THC levels let me know it would be cool to do.

Heck ya, you’d have to get lucky and get a good phenotype, but a lot of us actually produce better bud then they sell because we focus more on quality over quantity

5 Likes

All I know is I’ve grown some of the best weed I’ve ever had. This year is better than last.

Find a local lab to send samples. If your state is not weed friendly, you may have problems finding one.

5 Likes

I hope I get to this level soon lmao

2 Likes

U can buy testing kits for THC and CBD there about $300

1 Like

tCheck2! Test Your THC Potency At Home! - YouTube have a look at this link

1 Like

That was a great video they tested a lsd auto strain which peaks at 24 percent THC levels. I believe those guys are home growers and they got around 14 percent THC on their lsd. I think that makes sense for the average home grower to get around 40 to 70 percent of the total THC level of a strain. It’s a small sample size since they only test one but I feel it’s a fair estimate there’s no way majority of home growers are hitting industry standards at least that’s what how I feel. I think I’ll pick higher THC strains to make up for that.

1 Like

I agree it can be gimmicky but with ILGM they do clearly state “up to”. Meaning the highest reading they received from testing the strain. I would also like to see an average THC percentage in the description. However I did have two samples of their blackberry tested and both came back at 17%. Not far off from their “up to”.

3 Likes

Actually it looks like they did drop a range for that strain….

“ With this strain, a little is all it takes to get you a euphoria that’s stronger than what the average cannabis delivers. This is because it contains 16% to 20% THC”

1 Like

That’s awesome yea maybe one day the THC testing kits will come down in price. Your obviously a good grower and can probably hit close to peak levels but I feel for beginners their should be some info on realistic expectations. I understand why seed banks do it cause technically they are not lieing but years of skill are needed to harness those results.

Are any of these tests done on the auto version or are they all done on the photo version?

They were photos.

1 Like

There’s too many variables for them to determine what a beginners average is. They can only let you know what the plants they breed are capable of

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ve had some auto in my bag before and just didn’t know it. But I got my first 7 going and I’ve been down the “are autos weaker” rabbit hole for a couple of weeks…
Jury is still out of a verdict I guess.
But while they are leaps ahead of the old “lowrider” days, are they actually capable of the numbers produced by photos is the million dollar question :grin:

1 Like

They can probably say something like the plant could peak at 25 percent THC if your a boss. Most of you are scrubs so expect less :joy:

2 Likes

I’m not the one to ask about autos, lol. I’ve been disappointed with every one I’ve grown.

1 Like

I’m sure they are fine they are gonna have decent amounts of THC but I would assume photos are going to be better just off the bat. I only grow autos cause it’s easier no one in my house is going to put their life on hold and not go in my basement for 12 hrs cause my plants need complete darkness.

1 Like

Look i think u have to look at it like a recipe cause a recipe is only a guide line just like the information you get when buying seeds

2 Likes

I look at it in terms of skill those who are more skilled will do better then those who are not. Growing is a skill set like anything else.

3 Likes

Thats so true i grew some moby dick my last grow it turned out alright and it didn’t smell that much when curing but when i smoke it ,it really knocks my head off and i know its no where as strong as it could be and before that i done super skunk and it didnt seem all that good but after a long cure it was the best stuff ive grown so far

3 Likes