Seed and Supplies Came, Time to get started

Did you calibrate the pH pen? That’s first step then I like to use a small ml dropper and fill one with up and one with down… then check you pH… not sure what well water normally comes to but my tap comes out around 7.5… then slowly add the appropriate… in my case the down… i mix it in then check pH again… continue until you reach the desired range for you… probably around 6.5… the tds ec you just stick in and get the numbers… veggies will love it… I do use my run off from my plants for my flowers and will for my vegetables also…

1 Like

keeping them humid, am i supposed to use the bags now or when they come above ground?

1 Like

Not necessary but I have a dome thing so I do put mine under the dome as soon as I drop the seed tho lol… might poke a couple holes so they still get fresh air… don’t need to tape it all the way around again same theory… a little airflow is ok… just my two cents… I’ll bet you see something in there tomorrow anyway!! Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: I have a good feeling for ya!!

Edit: I noticed there is air pocket you good :+1: lol

Guess who’s here!!!

1 Like

Knew it!! :star_struck::star_struck::facepunch::facepunch: awesome I think that’s the most exciting part!! I’m like a kid in a candy store once I see green in that cup!!

1 Like

This came today

2 Likes

Coming along nicely my dude!! :facepunch:

1 Like

Man I hope it’s calibrated right, I’m pretty sure I followed instructions to the tee, how do you know if it’s calibrated correctly

1 Like

I was also paranoid about this in the beginning… if you follows the instructions your good :+1:… test your tap water coming out? Mines around 7.5 if I remember correctly… I did also buy the 7.0 calibrate solution so I could check it’s accurate and have never opened the bottle haha :joy:

Is distilled supposed to be 7.0?? @OGIncognito do you know my go to?

1 Like

It say my tap is 5.8

1 Like

Hmmm :thinking: @kaptain3d ? You have any ideas suggestions?
Sorry I want to help… just learning myself but hopefully I can find someone who does :+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:point_up_2: good go to for that.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Here they are so far

4 Likes

looking great

2 Likes

Looking good

1 Like

I use this myself. Also the storage solution extends

the probes lifespan.

1 Like

So I originally started with the two plants in the black starter planters, I dropped one , dirt flew everywhere, as I was putting the dirt back I couldn’t find the seed and started freaking out and started the process with another seed, I left the cup I dropped alone and sure enough the next day she popped her head above soil, I was so relieved, but now I have three plants, the third one I started I put in the soil too deep, to the point I had to dump dirt out and find her then replant her, her stem is purple, but the two originals stems are green, is the purple from the stress it was under? And is she gonna be ok?

How early can I start let lol and 5 nodes to top?