Second set of eyes

Just need a 2nd opinion. I’m Thinking a calcium issue from the looks of it?

3 Likes

Magnesium maybe?

1 Like

Are you using cal-mag.

1 Like

@Bulldognuts i am 3ml per gallon last feed with [FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient] recommend dose about 4 days ago… i like to feed with ff and cal mag every other feeding! … i just hit it with more cal mag tonight

1 Like

Without knowing all of the details of your grow, it appears to be a cal-mag issue. I grow in FF soil mixture and start cal-mag early. I use .5 ml per gallon with every watering. If problem persist or gets worse fill out this support ticket.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

2 Likes

It certainly looks like magnesium deficiency to me. Make certain that your pH is in the correct range for your growing medium.

2 Likes

@merlin44 what do you want your ph run off for soil? I ph it about 6.5 when I water the plants. But not sure what my run off should be

2 Likes

Ideally you want you runoff pH to be in the same range as what you adjust your water/nutrients to. That said, if you are using a medium (soil or whatever) that is not cannabis friendly then you can spend most of your grow chasing pH causing all sorts of problems.

I am not the best person to advise on this because I don’t worry about runoff unless my plants show some sort of an issue. I have not had any nutrient related issues for at least the past 5 or 6 grows so I don’t know what my runoff pH is.

Also, what are you using to check pH? If you are using anything other than an electronic pH pen, it is likely that you don’t know what your pH is. If you have some chemistry background and you want really accurate pH readings then titration is the way to go. I don’t know of any growers that are using titration to check pH. We all use electronic pH pens.

Perhaps @Covertgrower or @Holmes or @BobbyDigital can offer more useful advice.

4 Likes

I for 1 never had to find out ph of runoff to solve any issues …u got good dirt and go in at 6.5 u wont have ph problems …i dont like digi pens …i use chemical reagent with color never have any issues chemicals wont lie

Thanks for the tag @merlin44! I am in coco and I do not look at runoff except when switching to 12/12 or if I have an issue! Would be a good idea to fill out support ticket that @Bulldognuts posted!

2 Likes

Yeah, seeing magnesium as well. Fox farms never seems to have enough magnesium in their nutrient line. Even running 5ml per gallon of cal mag wasn’t enough to keep up with the magnesium. I switched to Epsom salts for magnesium so I wasn’t always adding nitrogen and calcium that wasn’t needed.

4 Likes

Without us knowing the details of your grow media and nutrient line it’s difficult to be sure that cal-mag is the issue. @merlin44 made a great point, if you are growing in soil and depending on what kind of soil you need to know what your ph is in your water after watering and checking what is coming out. If your ph in soil is to low or high you can get nutrient lockout and will continue to have problems. Hopefully it is just a cal-mag issue and you don’t have any other problems. Someone here is always willing to help if you need it. :+1:

3 Likes

Yeaa cal mag cant get enough i run 7.5 first couple weeks of flower emerald harvest

1 Like