Second guessing growing outside

I was all set to go ahead outside but am having second thoughts. The outdoors where I live has ideal temps and abundant sunshine into December. I was planning to grow in a 5 gal. pot inside a pool cage which would help with pests. We have an acre of land and the neighbors are not close. We don’t get many visitors but the pool guy shows up once a week like clockwork so once a week I would have to move the plant inside once it started looking like what it is. Do able but maybe not worth the risk.

Option 2: We also have a small half bathroom that we don’t use. It is under central air that is set at 76 degrees 24 hours a day. There is an exhaust fan to the outside and it is in a remote part of the house. I figure I can fit a 24x24 or even a 32x32 tent in there. I don’t want to get to elaborate in this space and would be happy with one plant at a time.

Any thoughts or opinions on this as a starter tent?

https://smile.amazon.com/TopoGrow-Complete-Indoor-Ducting-Hydroponics/dp/B071X4DLMJ/ref=sr_1_5?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1535049531&sr=1-5&keywords=grow+tent+kit+600w&dpID=51-VPGP74fL&preST=SY300_QL70&dpSrc=srch

I’m South-East US and I tried outside this year, worked well until it rained All Summer…
Lost a bit to bud-rot.
imho, for me inside allows me to control environment better, but you can’t beat Mother Nature for best light…
just my opinion…
:v::sunglasses:

Nice tent!
After reading others posts I’d look at the COB version…

I am SE as well, above Florida and between the Atlantic and Alabama. I grow outdoors (first time growing) and the rains haven’t seem to affect my outdoor grow. Working on 2nd grow this year with my 3rd grow about a month behind. For me, I think the secret has been using grow bags instead of plastic containers liken did my first grow. My 3rd grow looks to be ready for harvest early to mid November, my 2nd grow by early to mid October.

I’ve still got 3 SSA outside, should be ready maybe Halloween… Droopy now-Just rained again… :unamused:

This is my surprise girl…
Uploading… Uploading…
I got it from a friend who thought he’d killed it…
I put it outside and it grew into a Monster…
Sativa Stain of some kind…

Oops, last 2 pics of my surprise girl didn’t upload…
Do-Over… Haha… Using a VPN, sometimes slows me down some :grin:

My Apologies @Beachbound
Sorry about dirtying up your post with my pics,
I guess I should have read posting guidelines closer…

Hey @Beachbound, I was looking closer at the tent…
Only issue may be heat, LEDs run pretty cool, but in a small tent probably going to need A/C…
House A/C will help, but with smaller tent plan for supplemental A/C…
Option 1 may work the best…
If your pool guy is on a schedule and you know when he comes, you can move them inside night before or just before he comes…
Hope this helps, you’re going in the right direction… :+1:

Amazon sells a Portable A/C “Della-8000 btu” for under $200- (haven’t figured out how to post a link–Yet)
I use in my Veg room -(8x8)’ with a 600 watt Double-ended CMH and on low keeps it 75°f…
It does take up about 2 sq feet, so may not be feasible if space is an issue…
Hope this helps… Good Luck!

Not a problem. Thanks for your input.