Second growing attempt, seed not sprouting

Hi,
I tried growing a couple a weeks ago for the first time but it didnt last. Im trying the second time, this bought a kit from apotforpot.com and seeds online. I tried germinating in water and after 24 hrs its still floating on top and didnt sprout. The kit says to plant regardless but ilgm germinate instruction says its ok to wait more than a day to sprout. What should i do? Thanks, Andrew

2 Likes

Just my 2 pennies, put a couple drops of peroxide in the water an tap it when u go check on it, if nothing in another 24 36 hours try going to wet paper towel method

1 Like

The paper towel method seems to work 90% of the time for me.

2 Likes

Some times you gotta give the seed a little tap after its been floating for a few hours to make it sink. Every seed sprouts at different rates. It can take several days maybe more in some cases

1 Like

thanks for your replies guys, i hope i can get it to grow this time

1 Like

make sure you keep it nice and warm to encourage it to pop

Ok i keep my room at 70 degrees and keep my space heater on. And keep it by the window for light. The seed in the apotforpot.com kit sprouted and came through the soil.

2 of the 3 seeds sprouted a stem and grew leaves. They are about 4 inches tall within about a week of planted. The one seed that is in the fabric pot from the mini kit of apotforpot.com hasnt done much jus grew it looks like a root and has a seed. The support from apotforpot.com says i should get a light for growing but i want to just use sun. Could i get away with not getting a grow light? I do have a neighbor who grows his in a tent with a light and does look great. Always thought to ask if he wouldnt mind growing mine

1 Like