Second Grow White Widow Inside using soil

Today I planted two White Widow Girls that I had sprouted in water and now have “tails”. White Widow is an auto and this is my second grow indoors using soil. The girls were planted at 9:30 April 1st. I am using 5 gallon smart pots and have the Mars Hydro Dual 300 W lighting system in a portable green house in my house. This is my second grow and I have more knowledge thanks to everyone on this forum! I am only using bottled water right now until they sprout out of the ground and have their true leaves. I am hoping that I have as much luck as I did with my first grow! Will post pictures every week. Now these pictures of their tails before I planted them did not come out that clear because of the lighting but I am posting them anyways!
Uploading…

7 Likes

Well, today is Wednesday April 5th and I can report that only 1 of the seeds has broken ground and has its first true leaves. I am not sure how the second plant is doing as it has not broken ground and I am disappointed about that! I will post pictures this weekend. Same process for both plants!

1 Like

It is a week today since I planted 2 White Widow seeds. Both have come up now and have their true leaves, however one came up quite a bit earlier than the other so there is a difference in sizes. Will post weekly on their progress.

3 Likes

Awesome start!

2 Likes

Ok today is April 15, 2017 and my two girls have been growing for 2 weeks now and looking good! One is smaller than the other and that’s because she took her time coming out of the dirt.

5 Likes

Good start! Keep it up!

1 Like

Okay as promised weekly pictures of my two WW girls; it is April 22, 2017 and so they have been growing for 22 days now. One bigger than the other because it broke ground almost a week later but both are healthy looking and starting to really take off now. I had to move the lights up because I noticed a bit of burn on a leaf the other day and so I believe I moved the lights up just in the nick of time!

3 Likes

Okay my girls are now 29 days old and have really started growing! The smaller girl is catching up to the bigger girl which is nice to see. I’ve had to move the lights again as they are really getting tall.

4 Likes

Very nice…

1 Like

Looks like the beginning of flower, very happy and healthy grow!

1 Like

@Alteredmindset - Yes I am keeping a close eye on that…but I think it’s a little too early. However, these plants are much different than my first grow…no tight nodes like the first grow!

And yes I agree with you in that growing is just as exciting as smoking it!

1 Like

@Kapelady, are these auto’s? if so, I notice that auto’s can start to flower very quickly and still continue vegetative growth before going into the budding phase. Also, sometimes the grow is very different for many factors, I learned recently that even a clone may change it’s nature in growth from it’s mother. Very weird and resiliant plants, your grow looks wonderful, do not worry.

1 Like

@Alteredmindset Thanks! Yes, this is only my second grow (they are WW autos) and I have noticed the difference from my first grow (no tight nodes) and yes I believe they are starting to flower. I have moved the light up again and put the grate in place as I know what height they are going to be and they are just about the height where I need the grate in place. I thought it was just new leaf growth but it is definitely going into the flower stage. Funny how the same seeds can produce such different plants! However, I am pleased that they are both growing properly this grow; not like last grow where one was really stunted and produced nothing. Should be interesting; its always interesting! I love growing plants of any kind and I am busy with a house full of tomato plants, cucumbers, peppers because the nights are too cold yet!

3 Likes

@Kapelady, I envy your full growing capacity. I am also going to start on vegetables as well, although I am going to skip cucumbers as they can have pest issues as well as they have hollow stems. I have noticed that even if the seeds are from the same plants that the grow may be different, not much you can do about the genetics. I have a plant that is stunted as well and do not expect much of a yield from it, yet, it is the same type as it’s sister. I personally have found photo’s to be slightly easier to grow and maintain, well, so far at least. I have also cloned from my largest plants, which in turn, when I do clone I should have similar results with those clones, or, in theory in any case. I still have some auto blueberry beans and plan on going through another grow with them soon. I also notice that when I discussed growing vegetables with a local farmer here in PA. that he suggested that I start this month, and since Beltane has just passed, I think this would be a great idea. I have also met two growers recently who have really helped me out and advised me on some of their techniques. Which I will happily share, still, I follow advice on here as well, as I know that it is solid. Still with all that said, YOU are doing awesome and a second grow under your belt, helps with insight into my grows.

1 Like

They are looking great @kapelady, flowering too!

I went with photoperiods (Gold Leaf) for my second Grow, a little fussier than the WWAF.

2 Likes

@Alteredmindset , Yes it is funny that the same seeds can produce such different plants! It is nice to know that I wasn’t the only one who ended up with a stunted plant…lol lol. Both are growing very well this time although they are different than my first grow in that they do not have tight nodes! However, both have started flowering and are about a 1/4 inch in height smaller than my last grow when they were finished! But like you said every grow can be so different even using the same seeds. I have to use up the seeds (WW) that I have for now but I think that I will try the blueberry autos next buy! It’s also nice to see all the women coming out of the wood work! I love it!

1 Like

@Sl1 Just wait till I post pictures this Saturday…you would not believe how much they have grown in height!

1 Like

You are an inspiration @Kapelady!

1 Like

@Sl1 …aww…thank you!

Okay today is 36 days since I planted my two girls and if you remember one broke ground about a week after the other one. Well, that little girl has surpassed the other one in height! I can’t believe they are getting so tall that I have had to adjust the lighting several times just this past week. They are truly growing like weeds! I am very surprised that they are already flowering just 36 days in!

I put the grate on earlier this week and that was good timing as they were under the grate and as you can see they are growing through the grate at a spectacular rate! They have already surpassed my first grow in height by more than a foot and to be truthful I have no idea how I am going to raise the lighting if they grow any taller…I’m running out of options and room!

1 Like