This is my first post here. I’m about 2 and a half weeks into my second grow and I decided to start a journal. My first grow (2 plants, Skywalker OG and Cali Dream) went all the way through harvest and yielded about 88 grams of decent (kinda leafy) weed. Currently, it has finished drying and is continuing to cure. I had small issues with the first grow but was able to handle each problem. I think I had huge issues with PH so I’ve upgraded my PH tester!
Here’s my setup:
I am using a mixture of Fox Farm OF + HF with a little extra perlite. The plants were just transplanted to bigger pots earlier this week so I am currently only giving them fresh water. In the future I’ll be using Fox Farm Trio nutrients. I have a 2000w Spider Farmer light and a 600w Mars Hydro light, I will probably purchase another Spider Farmer when the plants get a little bigger. I keep the humidifier at 60RH. The AC Infinity fan kicks on when the temp raises above 77 degrees. The lowest the temp gets is probably around 67 degrees.
Here’s a picture of my current setup:
The second grow is starting out well. I’ve converted my closet to house seven plants. I germinated eight seeds and one didn’t sprout. I have three Skywalker OG (Fem), three Blue Dream (Fem), and one seed I found in my sack about a month ago. Turns out it’s a tri-leaf? I’ve included pictures of some seedlings here:
That last picture is at 2 and a half weeks old. To be honest it doesn’t even look like a pot plant to me but I swear I found it in my weed.
I noticed some slight discoloration with the leaves earlier this week that I initially attributed to dirt since I had just transplanted them. After taking some macro pictures I noticed there are small white eggs on all of the affected leaves! (Pictures also included here). I’m unsure what type of pest I have. I haven’t seen any gnats or mites so hopefully I caught the issue early enough to treat.
I did some research and decided to go with an essential oils mixture for repellant. I read a lot about neem oil but also read that a lot of people are allergic to it.
I mixed eucalyptus oil (2.5mg), peppermint oil(2.5mg), tea tree oil (1mg), lavender oil (1mg), and dish soap (5mg) all into 1 liter of warm water. This mixture was sprayed on top of all of the plants today (10.08.20) and I think I’ll spray them again in a few days.
I didn’t deal with any pests during my first grow so I’m hoping this concoction works! Any pointers are welcome, let me know what you think. I’ll be posting the progress as the plants continue to grow!!