Second Grow Purple express

I am still new to all thiis and this will be my 2nd grow and ibhave chosen to do purple express auto. Thy supposedly take from seed to harvest 60 days however that might not be the case. Anyway i will be starting soon how soon i am unsure it maybe after xmas or maybe before. But i have a few things i need to sort out in my grow closet as running 2 300w led is harder than i thought i would be need to bring the temp down atleast 3degrees its way up at 32 if i can get it to 27 or under i be happy at 25 to 26 degree celcius. Unless anyone knows a better temp to grow purple express auto. Still going with auto’s for now maybe next time or a couple more auto grows till i am confident enough to go onto feminized seeds. I will be doing more pics and step by step pics this time. I am going to document as much as i can this time aswell from start to finish unlike last time i had to stop keeping detailed notes as it was costing me too much time and wasnt able to do other things. I got a little lost each time i went into my grow room and my other half didnt like it as much. So am going with pics and short details of what i am doing and how. I will do a support ticket once i start it. I will have a better idea of when i am starting the seeds of after Wednesday. Unless i can get my temps down first with what i have at home then it will be before wednesday if not and i have to buy more equipment then i might just wait till january and till i order my 1.2x1.2x200cm grow tent with 600w hps or something similar. Am just unsure as i need a good light for flowering or even just one i can add to my 2 300w led’s. What do you guys think. Any views thoughts or idea’s dont be shy drop a message and tell me what you think. Should i hold off and wait till i get my new tent and set up or should i start off and then just change or add in the the hps too the other lights. I know its will get alot hotter with the hps aswell another reason need to figure out in reducing my temps. @Shuggz @bob31 @dbrn32 @Kapelady. Thank you all and grow in peace.

7 Likes

My advice is airflow.
And when you order you’re 600 ya need to go ahead and buy the air cooled hood. It will help you direct most of the heat out the grow area.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure they would need to be 4 weeks old to flower so, I don’t think they could finish that quickly. Never grown them so looking forward to tagging along. I would add the light to the grow. and follow @Nug-bug recommendation!

3 Likes

Thanks guys and i will probably do that i was thinking about tht there is also an option of buying it with the hood you said so i will probably go for that. Or a cfl one for flowering as there was a 300w cfl bulb for flowering aswell as 2 300w LED’s but i havn’t decided on my grow kit hps or cfl am just not sure as i only intend on doing 2 to 6 girls at any one time as its for personal and medicinal use and i am learning with auto’s before getting the fem seeds started and i dont want to be spending too much as its only personal so it dont have to give me mass yeild however dense big ass buds would be nice and would save me doing as many grows each year i would like to have to do it once a year over the winter months and produce good strong dense buds to help my partner lead a normal life. And to do this i need to be able to do this and do it well so i can help make a custom strain just for us. If tht is possible. @bob31 @Nug-bug

1 Like

You may well be right bob31 however that is what the breeder says and as ive learnt from you already that only the girls will be able to tell me when thy are truely ready. But i got them with stuff i got from a shop anyway not important wat is tht if it does happen then good 60 days but i know they need atleast 4wks or about tht as i have had autos from the same place and the last lot of autos started to flower in just under 4wks. And as you know i got 42g from them and was my first ever attemp at it so thts better than nothing. Anyway i will be starting them off soon so stay tuned my friends.

1 Like

@Mikos

here is a little info on auto-flowering plans. I hope it helps/ copy and paste to your files

Will

A common question I see is when to switch autos from veg to bloom. Many people are under the impression that as soon as they see the first flowers it’s time to switch. Perhaps a little explanation of the life cycle of autos will help to clarify this.

Weeks 1 - 3. Once you’ve started your seeds and they break the surface of the soil, they are in their seedling stage. The first set of leaves to appear will usually single fingered, followed by a second set that may still be single fingered or perhaps 3 fingered. Once that second set appears growth will start to accelerate as the new leaves provide more photosynthesis. This process will continue, more new leaves, faster growth. Depending on the type of soil in use, mild vegetative nutes can be introduced at week 2. By week 3 most plants will start to show their sex. Males will start to produce pollen sacks and females will display pistils.

Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it’s energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6.

Weeks 7 - 9. By now vertical growth has stopped and the switch to flowering nutrients has been made. The buds will start to fill out and put on weight, becoming hard and tight. Pistols will start to change from white to brown, orange, red, etc. By now the plants will also have developed a strong smell. Toward the end of this phase the large primary and smaller secondary fan leaves will begin to turn yellow. This is an indication that the plant is moving toward the end of it’s life.

Weeks 10 - 11. At this time flowering nutes should be discontinued and only plain pHed water fed to flush the remaining nutrients from the soil and improve the taste. Yellowing of the fan leaves will continue as the plant draws the stored energy from them. Eventually they will die and fall off. By the time that the smaller leaves that come from out of the buds will also start to turn yellow. Then it’s time to harvest.

I know that many of you are thinking that the seed bank said the plants will finish in 8-9 weeks, so why are you saying they take 10-11? The claims made by the seed banks are somewhat deceptive. If you switch to flowering nutes at week 3 or 4 the plants can finish in the times the seed banks say but they will remain small and not reach their full potential yield. Years of growing by myself and others has shown that autos do best if you follow this time line.

Of course, there will always be variations depending on the strain, the environment, nutrients, etc. This information is meant to only serve as a general guideline.

Now I have talked about the lifecycle of an auto lets get to how best to grow them

I wont bore you with the simple stuff like germination the only thing I will say on this subject is its best to start them in their final pot as autos don’t like to be transplanted, or rather they don’t like their roots disturbed.

So lets say you have germinated your seeds and they have broken ground.
The first thing to note is that Autos are very sensitive to nutrients compared to photo period plants. So lets go through the correct way to fertilise them.

Here is a feeding schedule for autos using nutrients

Feeding shedule

As you can see for the first 3 weeks there is very little in the way of nutrients, this is because at this age they burn very easily.
The main thing in this time period is root stimulator, as there is a very short veg cycle this helps the roots to get a good foothold and increases the overall growth of the plant.

Once you start to introduce nutrients it is best to start with a quarter of the recommended dose and then slowly increase it to 1/2 - 2/3 of the recommended dosage.

6 Likes

I will be watching this @Mikos so no pressure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
How was your 1st grow… I don’t find your thread

1 Like

That will be a nice space, I also planning to make a hobby room(same size 4x4) so definitely I will need to upgrade.
I recommend you to buy a carbon filter and good lights(i personally prefer led) , also you need a good ventilation if you go whit HPS or something like that.

1 Like

I agree with what everyone else is telling you. The time the breeder listed is more than likely a flowering time. I would expect it to take around 60 days from sign of pistils. You can ballpark about 4-6 weeks on top of that.

Nobody is necessarily questioning you, just making sure you aren’t overwhelmed when it takes longer than you are expected. None of really grow by calendar days, especially with autos. It’s a good idea to have a rough estimate so you can plan accordingly. But when they get close we are monitoring plant condition and harvesting when it’s ready.

1 Like

Just gonna follow and try and learn something and hope @Mikos that you are able to grow fantastic medication for you and your partner happy growing🙂

1 Like

I will tag you into my first grow my friend. @M4ur

I have a carbon filter and all that set up i will post pictures in a little while of what i am using at this moment in my spare room until after xmas and i can get my tent and grow kit ordered then i will have either both to grow with or just the tent am not sure what i am doing that way. But as always i welcome all advice and help so that i can have a successful grow while i am learning so that i can acomplish my goal and that is to be able to breed myself one day. I am sure i will manage it one day. Anyway thanks.

1 Like

Yes tag me please. I know you are living in a country where it’s illegal so like me you need to stay low and take a lot off precautions. It’s good to have perpetual grows but it’s hard to stay low because you need to buy a lot of things related to grow so be careful :+1:

2 Likes

Will be great if you get the 4x4(1.20mx1.20m) and if you can keep your actual space you can make this the veg + clones room and the big one for flowering stage!
I also want to have a separate space for each one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah i am expecting or should say that yeah the breeder says 60 days from seed but i learnt with my first that may not be the case since they took 2wks more than was said so this grow my friend i will be taking each day as it comes and i will have my new grow family here watching helping along the way. Thanks for your advice. @dbrn32 @M4ur @Growit @garrigan62 i also did get the feeding chart you sent me however i am going with the nutes i have left over from my last grow. Only difference is i have the soil brand aswell as the nutes as was told the nutes work better with there brand of soil so we will see i will do a support ticket when i eventually start my grow i just havent decided yet but i am still sorting my temprature out and humidity first since i now have 2 300w LED’s in my cool little invention and i will be posting it for you all to tell me what you think i used it in my first grow but this time i made some alterations to it so i had more height to put in the filter and exaust fan and am thinking of puting in more exaust fan to help but we will see. Av managed to steady my temp at 28.1 and rh is 34% @bob31

3 Likes

Thanks i am also doing other veg etc indoors so i will be good hopefully. Self cerficiate with all food possible tht i can grow. @M4ur but the other is my hobby and one medical so using this time of year helps with heating issues for us. Aswell.

1 Like

@Mikos…first question is do you have a fan in your tent? That will help lower the temp!

1 Like

Well my friends here is my DIY closet setup for the time being. As i said i would let you all see how i am growing and with what space. So here are some pics just to get started.

@bob31 @M4ur @Nug-bug @dbrn32 @Kapelady @garrigan62 @Shuggz @Growit tell me my friends what are your thoughts. Its not the best thing however its what i have to work with at this moment in time i will be getting a tent after xmas however it will take time so until then i have this. So fam wats the verdict.

10 Likes

Nice! If you straighten that duct out attached to the filter, you should get a little better airflow.

2 Likes

Well if your interested in doing 6 at a time I would go hps . Yes it’s more heat to get rid of but it will have the intensity to give those big dense hard nugs
I just saw the pic that will be great for a couple :sunglasses:

3 Likes