Second Grow: LSD, Blueberry, BC99 Fast in Coco; Aurora Indica Auto in AutoPots, Help Wanted

Managed to get Blueberry and the BC99Fs into one gallon bags and the LSDs into two gallon. Have to use the one gallons the LSDs were inhabiting for the Aurora’s (only had five). Will get them done tonight.
I cannot decide if the LSDs need to go into three or five gallon containers for their final home. Leaning toward five since they are such heavy feeders. I plan to finish the BCs and the Blueberry in three gallon. Aurora’s go in 3.9 gallon AutoPots.

This morning after feed and 12 hours after transplant.

1 Like

Here is a picture of the peeling off of the one gallon bag. Worked well, very little loss of the medium. Look like keepers.

Considerable defoliation, bending, breaking, and tying down last night. The vegetation was very thick. Concentrated on potential colas and opening up the center of the plants the beast I could.
Noticed the last week when I was only watering and not picking leaves, the humidity was up into the 60s without any help. I had been running a humidifier and almost overnight the need stopped.

1 Like

Nice… And pipe cleaners is a great (and cheap) idea!

1 Like

Trying different methods for restraints. This seems to work nicely.

24 hours later. Looks like about a dozen other branches want to take over for the broken main stem on LSD 2. Very much like her response.

1 Like

Last night tied down one of the autos a little. Going to leave the other as is for now. See what differences there are later.
The two Aurora Indica Autos and the BC99Fs are growing almost identically. The LSDs are a different story. Two sprouted a day early and has always been larger than her sister, but they are both trying to maintain a nice round shape and are very robust.
Not going to do any training with the girls for a while. Think I have worked them almost too much and they could use a break. Snatch a few leaves when I feed.
Right now I would like to go another 10 days in veg, transplant up, and go to flower. LSD is acting like she is about ready though, I think. Some of her stems are firming up.
I may have made a mistake with the autos. First time with them and I sort of “forgot” they were autos. They are now 27 days old and just last night it occurred to me that most likely they will be starting to flower soon. They look like their growth is changing (new leaves appear smaller with narrower fingers). Dilemma is they are in one gallon pots, which they just went in Saturday. Intent is 3.9 G AutoPots, and I need to give them time to populate the new real estate before transplanting again. Hopefully one week will do. Will anxiously watch for roots poking through. They are listed as 8-9W. Never grew autos, but I think I picked up on that the breeders stretch or shade the truth somewhat. For planning purposes, I am adding two weeks to that. Can someone tell me better?
For the record the other girls ages:
LSD is 50 today
Blueberry 33
BC99F 30
This grow was originally only to be three plants, but after the seed sprouting “learning experience” and coupled with the fact the LSDs survived the early abuse (thought they were toast), I ended up with all these girls. Got to liking the idea of variety in my kit, so I will keep them all. The two autos go in another tent, the other five stay where they are.
And, to say again about the seed starting, I convinced myself that for me, simplest is best. Put them in soil and be done with it.
Had been maintaining 60-65% RH the last couple weeks, but due to external temps, I must lower it. The windows are forming condensation. Try 50-55 and see how that works.
Not getting very many comments (zero actually) with these posts, but if you think I am off-base somewhere, please let me know. I would appreciate it.
Cheers!

2 Likes

@jd77 my last auto run I did went 4 week veg, 12 flower until finished. Not the same strain, but should give you an idea. Depending on the strain, I would guess 10-12 weeks flowering is a good estimate for autos.

1 Like

Are you saying 4 + 12 for 16 weeks total?
Did you flower 12/12? I was planning 18/6 or 20/4 and maintain DLI. Looking to keep temps up as much as possible with the light and limit additional heating requirements.
Thank you for your response.

Did you grow Indica autos? Generally, do they stretch like most photos? And if so, was it starting about 4 weeks? This particular cultivar supposedly stretches only a little.

Looking sooooo good!! :blush::v:

Thank you!
Looked you up. Retired barrel racer? My wife did a lot of that as a teenager, but not so much now. She doesn’t bounce like she used to. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, 16 weeks total. I left it at 18/6 until after the stretch and then went 12/12 because I was trying to keep the heat down, it was summer. I would think 18/6 would be fine if you need to keep the temps up during winter months.

Mine were White Widow, ILGM’s description has 10-14 weeks “grow time” listed, mine took 16 to get the trichs where I wanted them.

1 Like

White Widow Auto

Pre stretch

Post stretch

This group started stretching at 4 weeks. I hadn’t run autos before, but they seem to have stretched about the same as my fems. I usually flip pretty early due to my space constraints. It tough growing in a refrigerator. :joy: :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I don’t rodeo anymore but I still train barrel horses!! :blush::v:

2 Likes

Wife still trains people to ride and care fore their horses (mostly family members) and tends to her old mare. She cannot be ridden any more. She is boarded as we have no land.

Thank you! That info is very helpful.

1 Like

Are your WWAs still growing or is that a past grow? Interested as I have seeds.
I am fortunate to earn permission to set up in a room in the house. First grow was in a closeted 2.3x2.3, which is where our two autos will finish.
They stretched without any coaxing from you?

That is a great thing that your wife does. My experience people need instructions!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh that has to be hard. We have 27 acres. So lots of room for our 3 horses.