Second Grow: LSD, Blueberry, BC99 Fast in Coco; Aurora Indica Auto in AutoPots, Help Wanted

awesome

1 Like

Thank you very much Mr Newt.

1 Like

Outstanding!
200w groot
Hoping for a smoke report on that BlueBerry! I must admit, I thought you were crazy starting that many different plants but results do not lie. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you very much Skippy. I appreciate it.
Yes, I definitely had variety, which was the goal. Maybe later it will bite me in the butt, but that will be my method next time as well, just less plants.
I think there are definite disadvantages to several different strains, but it is part of the fun. I enjoy watching the similarities and differences between both “sisters” and different cultivars.
Smoke reports coming on Aurora Indica and Blue Cinderella 99. Blueberry and LSD we will crack open in the next week probably.

1 Like

Still stabilizing the humidity on the last lady.
Smoking on Blue Cinderella 99. I like it.
Just opened my jar of Blueberry in anticipation of firing some up Sunday evening. Could not freaking believe it, it smells like Mrs’ blueberry muffins! Wow!
Looking forward to that first hit.

1 Like

@jd77 … i just use the environment available. I keep the house temp. 70-72*. And let it hang till it reads between 11-12% moisture content on the moisture meter. It could take a little longer for the tops but not much. Then it goes in the buckets with boveda 2 way humidity packs enough to equal grams in the bucket. And just set the timer on the pump for purging or burping the bucket. I do run the humidifier in the room at 60%rh to help with stabilizing the buckets. I check the buckets in the morning and evening to fluff the buds up so they dont compact. You can smell it purging the chlorophyll out of the bud. Started the second week this past thursday, the smell is not loud in the bucket now but should start coming around the 3rd week. Using the moisture meter was new for me this time, but it seemed to hit the mark and take the guess work out if the snap test. And whether or not you let it get to dry before going into cure. My first time using a spine trimmer also. Both so far will be part of the regimen moving forward. The trimmer took enough off for me that i was satified with anything left in the bud. Trimmed both plants in about 4 hours. :sunglasses::v::heart:…have you tried the blueberry yet or tomorrow.

1 Like

@NUG61
Thank you for explaining your curing process.
I do not know of a moisture meter. I need to check those out. The stem snap method bit me in the butt the first time and I overdried my lady. This go I tried to avoid that, so I erred the other way mostly. I take some out and put it in a jar with a hygrometer and see what it says. Usually pull all of it out of the drier when they are under 70% then slowly finish in gallon jars. This is done in stages, as different cuts dry. Also, I segregate the bud in different dryer compartments by size. The whole process took lots of time so I hope to speed that process next time. Actually still going, as the last lady is still drying.
Yes, Blueberry smoking tomorrow.
Very surprised when I discovered how much her aroma had changed when I opened the jar last night. Smells great. Back when she first started flowering, she was not nearly as pleasant. I could smell blueberries, but they smelled bad spoiled. Now I smell warm muffins with a bit of cinnamon and butter. Maybe I imagine the butter… Cause that’s the way I like them!
Cheers!

1 Like

You are probably familiar with the meter and didnt know…home depot all day. You just stick it to the bud and read the moisture. I took a golf ball sized bud at 11% and put it in a pint jar with hygrometer and put it in the cabinet. Checked it about an hour later the rh in the jar was 59%…so it seemed to hit the mark with me, so if im close to 11-13% moisture content im going to the jar or bucket or whatever for cure. I also keep rhe humidifier at 60% during drying as well. I see no need to dry the bud anymore than what i want to smoke it at. 60-62 rh in the cured bud is the smoothest smoke ( for me). I am going to check the moisture content in the buds after the 4 week cure and see what is is. I do have the best tops in one bucket and the rest in the other. Trimmed the tops by hand and all below in the spin trimmer. Then put the A’s and B’s in one and the C’s in the other. And then i smoke backwards saving the best for last…lol Will get some 2 gallon buckets before next cure.

1 Like

Sounds pretty simple and does the job. I will get me one for the next go.
I go the other way. Smoke the good stuff first, thinking I may process the rest if I decide oral ingestion works. Going to start by decarbing some and go from there.

1 Like

Fired up Blueberry last night. I was anxiously anticipating this and I was not disappointed. This is very much to my liking, at least for a night time treat. Strongest I have had in at least a year. Nothing unpleasant at all.
I started with a couple bong hits then switched to dry vape.
These are my thoughts I made during the experience:
Smells strongly of warm blueberry muffins with a little bit of citrus and good soil
Tastes of wood (bong)
Forehead and behind my eyes going numb
Back of head numb
Body tingling
Ears warm
Vape tastes very strongly of grapefruit and flowers
Vapes very well
Smooth
Strong aftertaste, feels like it coats my tongue
Shoulders warm
Relaxing
Face is getting numb
Mind is clear
Mouth feels like I had Novacaine shots
Tongue is numb
Still able to function

Bottom line is I like this one very much, but definitely not for daytime and great for vaping. About five hours after I started I was dead asleep. No couch lock though. Functional until I fell asleep. No Sativa effects. No emoting like with Blue Cinderella 99 (still have to file that report).
I have more seeds so I will definitely plant more, but will it be as good? Or maybe better?

4 Likes

Awesome smoke report brother…i hope i get full flavor and affect to be and feel that descriptive after my full cure. It sounds crazy amazing :yum::sunglasses::v::heart:

1 Like

Nice job jd :clap: :+1:. My blueberry should be coming down any day now

1 Like

Thank you.
Yes, good stuff. Going to try decarb and ingestion soon and let you know.

1 Like

Thank you @Lawnfarmer. How are yours doing? Haven’t seen any pictures for quite a while.
So far, of the four varietals I grew, this is my favorite, but only for nighttime.

Bagged up the last lady.
LSD #3
Sprouted 18 Oct
Flowered 97 days
Harvest 8 Apr
292g into Grove Bags

The colas totaled 154g and the rest 138g

3 Likes

Ilgm blueberry This is 150 days from dirt. 80 from flip

3 Likes

Thank you for the pics @Lawnfarmer
Wow. Big difference. So many variables involved.
My gal (let’s call her Genowefa) about that age really looked spent and rundown. Yours looks like an active mature lady still running 5k’s.

121 days from dirt
70 days post flip
57 days flower

Your colas also look more full than mine. What do you think? Genowefa had lots of small to medium round nuggets, unlike all but one other girl I grew.
Yours look sticky. Genowefa was the stickiest of the eight total plants I have under my belt. I am just getting started and learning. Asking questions and getting answers, so thank you for participating.
So many variables… Almost an unlimited number of factors determining our results.
Ain’t this fun?
Sadly, it may be a few months before I plant another bit of cannabis, but I do have the flowers and vegetables for summertime started in their trays.

6 Likes

Ya i have 4 blueberry and each one is different. Some colas are pancakes some are long all are sticky sticky. This is my first go around and i think ive been lucky

1 Like

Brother you grew some amazing flowers…i am sure they are gonna show you what a great job you did. So many variables… Almost an unlimited number of factors determining our results. And we still manage not to kill these dang weeds. They are all gonna do just fine if we give them a little food and water and stay out of their way…lol We may start around the same time. :sunglasses::v::heart:

2 Likes

If you have time, keep me posted on your progress. Still sampling and arriving at my final decision, but it looks like Blueberry is the favorite of this grow. Unfortunately she is only one I planted. I grew two of the other three strains.

3 Likes