Second grow. Lights. Auto. Soil

An autoflower needs a minimum of 18 hrs of light per day if you wish it to reach its potential. If after 6 wks of growth with an auto and no flowering can be seen then give it less light but I would never go 12/12 on an auto and expect much from it, unless it refused to flower and then if it was mine I’d cull it. Autos on 12/12 = 1-2ozs Autos on 18-20 light = 4-20 ozs

1 Like

Yes, this is an auto. Will follow the 18/6 going forward instead of the 12/12. Plants seems to be holding up to the transplants although its only been a few days. Appears more erect than ever before. Hopefully this is indicative of a bright future. Will also stay off the water until the plant is dried out. No issues with insects since the second application of neem oil. Will post “natural light” photos next week.

**** Am I still watering the AUTO with DISTILLED WATER???

Thanks for the input.

1 Like

Just sharing.
Started this around the same time. Different location. Different and less expensive lighting. Not an auto. Transplanted since this photo was taken. Used Mycos. Kept lights and distilled water at the same schedule after transplant.

3 Likes

Transplant that girl bro lol if it’s photo and you have the room for it use 10 gal minimum ,best results would be a 20gal container. Available with lids I use for drain pans for under $8.00. Remember that container size will directly affect the plant ie; it’s growth potential and you’ll experience less nute issues with more root area for soil to act as a natural buffer as it does in outdoor gardens with minimal intervention. The use of distilled water is ok (rain water best) up to the first couple weeks , after that the distilled water will begin flushing the soil of everything it has beneficial to your plant especially if it stays in the same container while it’s continued to be watered with distilled water , that adds up to disaster city bro lol :alien:transplant that lady you’ll both be happier lol The best of grow times for you

1 Like

Happy Friday.

Let me get this straight.

Auto: STOP water with distilled. Water with correct PH water instead. Please keep in mind that I am, using Water Only Soil.

Bottom leaves are turning yellow. Any thoughts?

I would. I would water them and add about 3ml of nutrient solution heavy on nitrogen to 20oz of water ( it’s what I use at about 10-14 days whether they need it or not ) you should make sure it has plenty of nitrogen available.
You can also give them some SuperThrive or Aloe Vera gel James68 gave me the aloe info you might ask him about the Aloe Vera gel I would water thoroughly now as described. Then wait 2-3 days for them to suck it up and transplant to larger container watering
again with a reduced dosage as above of nitrogen heavy nute water. Those yellow leaves will not recover they should be removed. The plants are very sensitive to nutes at this stage so be cautious. You can also fill out a support ticket and get more ppl to
chime in and express their opinions and expertise

Thanks a bunch. Will def follow your guidance. I have aloe on hand and will contact James68. Will also reach out via support ticket.

Cool I do what I do and achieve absolutely satisfying results. My way is somewhat unconventional but works. I was broke flat broke when I started indoors and did everything possible to increase my yield and quality with unconventional
lighting and ways so… yep it’s best you do a support ticket and when your ready I will show you my method to achieve 2+ g per watt using cfl or T5 lighting and even cheap 80 buck LEDs

Ruderalis? While plant is growing healthy, it doesnt resemble the other two plants I was successful at harvesting. Should I be concerned?

@Sixpackdad @merlin44 @blackthumbbetty @Seeddog @KJ @JoshawaM @bob31 @Oldstoner
@SilentHippie @AutoFlowerz86

1 Like

Pics! Lol… I’m hungry
What was the question?

Wondering if this is Ruderalis? While plant is growing healthy, it doesnt resemble the other two plants I successfully harvested. They were without a doubt indica. Should I be concerned?

@Sixpackdad @merlin44 @blackthumbbetty@Seeddog @KJ @JoshawaM @bob31@Oldstoner
@SilentHippie @AutoFlowerz86 @Nicky

Where did you get the seeds?
It looks female to me when I zoomed in but yes it does resemble Ruderalis (by me not even knowing what this was before and googling it lol.

I wouldn’t be concerned just yet. It’s probably just displaying a different phenotype. I’d wait to pull the plug on it.

1 Like

Guess this was a waste of time. Second of two plants…looks like a male. Do you agree? Could this solve the my mystery of why it went into flowering so early? Heart broken.

Happy Valentines Day.

I’m so sorry. Looks male to me.

Yeah its a male.
So time to tear it all out, sanitize and start again.
You can still put it somewhere dry it out and make oil so its not a complete waste

@Nicky @Bubblehead @SilentHippie @blackthumbbetty @merlin44 @Seeddog

Question. No real concerns. Wanted to get your thoughts on the other grow. Seems healthy. Check out the photos and let me know your thoughts. By the way, this plants WAS NOT anywhere near the male.

2 Likes

Looks healthy to me, @Moringa, how old is this plant? It looks like it is getting close to showing gender.

Well thats good new.
Doesn’t look like a male to me.
The 3rd picture is more of what we want, want to see right in there and on both sides of the base of the “branch” to make sure both are females and we can see the little whiskers or hairs coming out.
The balls are male.
If we get one of both then hermaphroditism is showing.

This is an absolute key skill to have because the longer you wait to identify a plant the bigger the issue of contamination and the more waste going into growing a useless plant

1 Like

Thanks. I hope the balls stay away. Really need this to come through for me. Will update in another week. Should I leave the really large fan leaves alone? They seem to cover to much of the new growth that doesnt appear to be catching as much light. Thanks