Second grow. Lights. Auto. Soil

I would say no to sweeping soil on it. Give it another day. I think it’s going to be just fine. Fingers crossed that it’s a girl.

Thanks a bunch KJ. I will back off “Hopefully Her” for a day or two. Since shes an auto is a 18/6 light schedule ok or must ot be 24/0?

Good Sunday.

18/6 is fine. Some people do 24/0 but it seems there is really no benefit of constant light. Girls grow while they sleep too.

Good afternoon. Added a few drops of neem oil around cup area after seeing a small flying insect. Please check out the photo. Appears a bit lime green in the center. I assume tiny holes are from the bug. @merlin44 @blackthumbbetty @KJ @Seeddog @SilentHippie

Let me know your thoughts.

1 Like

Agreed, glad you are taking action.

1 Like

Color looks just fine. Glad you’re nipping your bug problem in the bud.

1 Like

Thanks. So, I am relieved since there’s no problem with the color? Its only day 5. Would hate to mess up now. Cups getting lite in weight but I will hold off with a water. Will use distilled water. You all are great.

2 Likes

Yes color looks ok . Maybe you could put a dome over the seedling , it might slow the bugs down . That bug had teeth .

Update:

Its been a solid two weeks. No major issues aside from the little critter that started biting away. Immediate Neem oil solved the problem.

I hope shes on the right track. I watered with distilled water once as soil was dry two inches in.

Input appreciated:

1. Is streching or the lack of an issue?

2. Using “water only” soil. Is Mycos root enhancer necessary? I have some here. Was thinking of adding during transplant.

3. Please share any links that provide guidance on when to transplant. Photos or descriptions. I want to read now to prepare myself.

Thanks a bunch.

![20181209_084621|374x499]![20181209_084542|374x499]

Mycco will definitely benefit your soil & your plants. It’s the backbone of a healthy soil food web.

A little too much neem oil. Read a post suggesting the oil could be rubbed on the underside of leaves. Not such a good choice with this lady. Lesson learned.

Growing a such a slow pace. Am I doing something wrong? Started out mid-November. Happy New Year.

@Seeddog @merlin44 @blackthumbbetty @KJ

@Hogmaster
Thanks

Why are they still in solo cups?

No real reason, ignorance. I assumed I would wait until the roots built up and there was more growth. Heck, if thats the issue I will transplant to the final home asap. Thank you

1 Like

Definitely transplant, and also watch how much you’re watering.

2 Likes

Will do.
Transplanting with the addition of Mycos.

Will update the forum in a week or so.

4 Likes

Post a photo of the root ball when you transplant. Are they getting enough light?

1 Like

Add the neem to your water. The roots will distribute it better than we can. Do it Once at 3wks and again at 6wks and it will control every parasite disease and fungus throughout the entire grow. Basil rosemary garlic etc works as well to control certain parasites.

1 Like

Hello - The lightspurce and a few additional details are below. Unfortunately, the transplant was complete prior to me seeing the post asking to send a photo of the root ball.

Light: Bloomspect 300w LED. Light positioned about a foot above the soil. 12 hours.
Soil: Detroit Great Lakes Water Only
Temp: 73/Humidity 45

1 Like

If you want them to grow in vegetative growth, put them on 18 hours on, 6 hours off (18/6). Are these photos or autos. If autos, you can just leave the light at 18/6, if photos, change to 12/12 when you want them to flower.

Be careful not to over heat the plants by getting the light too close. Put your hand near the top of the plants. If it feels too warm, it is too warm for your plants as well.

Post some photos (natural light is best), please.

Edit: I just went back and looked, you are growing autos from your initial description. Is this correct?

I have never grown a auto before, but I do think that your plant is way behind. I wish I had more to offer.

1 Like