Second grow is a Go! New strains and knowledge

Congrats on the harvest! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

My first was 7 wild seeds
Made lots of mistakes, even let light seep in and hermied one of my plants, ended up with even more wild seeds.lol
This time I’m ready
Got seeds from ilgm
Sour diesel
Durban poison
Godfather o.g.
Banana Kush
9 of them growing and 10 wild seeds
Last grow was really good even with my huge mess ups. Two plants were excellent
I hope you tag along with me too, it’s going to be an adventure!
Flipping my lights on the l.s.t. closet in around 3 weeks, my screen of green soon to follow. Then my full room…it’s so exciting!
Happy growing

3 Likes

@Mitchy oh wow, sounds like an amazing first grow! You learned a ton from that!

2 Likes

Grease Monkey has popped! Just waiting on the Blackberry Moonrocks now. Exciting!

3 Likes

Congratulations :champagne::balloon::confetti_ball::tada:

1 Like

@Flitme thank you!

1 Like

That’s the first time during this journey you get excited. But they don’t stop there. :blush::v:

2 Likes

Been an exciting day! Both Grease Monkey and Blackberry Moonrocks have popped so they are now chilling in my germ closet under a light.
And I harvested my first lady! I have 3 photos and one was ready this weekend so got her chopped (her sisters will follow the next two weekends). Did some minor wet trimming of fan leaves and now she’s in my drying closet. 21.5 ouces wet so I’m thinking about 5 ounces once dry and dry trimmed. I have a moisture meter so I’ll be checking on the daily.
Love days like this!

7 Likes

Congrats on the harvest! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

@Beck thank you! Now hoping I don’t mess up the drying process lol
Do I dry until 10-12% moisture and then move to jars? When do I add in the boveda packs?

1 Like

That’s my understanding, with 11% being perfect, then move to grove bags or jars. I’ve heard mixed reviews on the Boveda packs. I haven’t used them so can’t really advise

2 Likes

Damn those were some gorgeous buds you grew. Sounds like you got everything down and the love to give them. Will be watching your grow 4 sure

I used grove bags and love it. Way bettwr than Mason jars because it eliminates the burping. The boveda pack could be added now or later once cured to maintain better humidity

2 Likes

@SilvaBack203 thank you! I have definitely learned a ton from this grow and I can’t wait to do it again. Thanks for following along! I’m excited about these 2 new strains. Well, new to me that is lol

2 Likes

Haha new 2 me 2 lol. Im enjoying growing new strains all the time lol

2 Likes

Day 4 for these little ladies. The shell of their seed got stuck on their leaves so that is the bit of brown you see but other than that, they are developing nicely!
They will stay in my germination closet for another week or two before they get moved to the big tent.

Question for ya’ll- does it hurt them to mess with their light schedule right now? For example, I’ve been keeping them on 18/6 (these are photos) since they popped, they have been getting darkness from 6am-12pm…but my outlet timer came in today so I want to switch them to 10pm-4am for darkness. Can I switch them today or will that set them back?

1 Like

You can switch today, one day of weirdness won’t harm them at this age.

Are these going to be tent plants? If so, maybe you want lights out during the hottest part of the day. I have my indoors timers set to on at 6pm off at noon when 18/6, and on at 9pm off at 9am when on 12/12 to prevent heat buildup during the day.

2 Likes

@Spudgunner thank you! I’ll go ahead and set it up for tonight then :slightly_smiling_face: and yes, they will be tent plants inside only and my tents are in my basement where it stays a constant 64 degrees so I don’t think the outside heat will affect them but I’ll keep an eye on them for sure, just in case.

1 Like

I officially welcome you to the forum…Lurker :laughing:
Plants look amazing.

2 Likes

@Bonjoyle thank you so much! Lurking was my guilty pleasure for sure lol I learned so much just reading other Grow Logs :blush:

1 Like