Second grow is a Go! New strains and knowledge

Hello all! I’ve been an avid lurker here for the past 18 weeks as I was learning and growing my first ladies. They will be ready to chop this weekend so I have dropped some beans to kick off my second official grow!
I wish I had documented my first grow but I can sum it up for you.
18 weeks ago I jumped in with two feet on my first grow. I germinated 3 Pineapple Chunk (photos) and all 3 sprouted and did amazing. I have a 5x4 tent but one side has a built in shelf which holds my heater etc so really its a 4x4 usable grow space.
I started with some cheap 60 dollar grow lights, which did awesome but I knew they wouldn’t be strong enough for flower so I upgraded to a Barrina BU2000 that covers a 4x4 space. I did get some push back comments on that light because its not one of the popular brands etc, but it worked beautifully! My ladies have some huge colas and just developed nicely. (I’ll add some photos in my next post).
Also in my tent is a dehumidifier, heater, fans and a vivosun 6 inch inline fan with carbon filter.
I use a mixed soil, promix which I add compost from my farm to. I’m on well water.
I wanted to keep my first grow as simple as possible so I never worried about or tested ph and after researching for months on nutes I came across 19-4-23 so that is all I’ve been using since week 5 in veg. During flower I use half strength 19-4-23 and added in Flower fuel. Nice and simple and my girls were thriving on it.
So now, in terms for this second grow. I won’t be changing anything really. I will start 19-4-23 earlier but other than that, I’m going to build on what I learned from this first grow. One being space, yes you can cram 4-6 plants in a 4x4 space if you wanted to but I grew 3 this time and they just needed more space. So this time I’m just doing 2 plants in there. I will also fim or top, LST and scrog once flipped into flower.
I think that covers all my basics. The strains I’m germinating now are Blackberry Moonrocks from NASC and Grease Monkey from Pacific Seed Bank. Both feminized photos.
My first run I flipped at 8 weeks, this time I will let the size of the plants dictate when I flip.
So I think that sums up where I am now so I’m ready to jump in and get this grow going! I’m excited to actually document this one, so here we go!

8 Likes

Here are some some pics of my first grow. We are at 18 weeks now total.

21 Likes

Very nice :+1:
It seems like you’re well on your way :green_heart:

2 Likes

I hope so! It has been an adventure for sure. At some point I’d love to upgrade my lights even further but they’ll have to do for now.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :blush:. You are way more ready for your second grow than I was. You have a sea of green in that tent. Happy to have you aboard. You will like it here. Some great growers and super nice people. Happy Growing :blush::v:

2 Likes

Good lights are so important. I’m amazed at the difference going from crap lights to hlg lights.
(I’m not saying your lights are crap) mine were

3 Likes

I know what you mean, mine are great for their price point but I know if I ever want to see the plants true potential, I’ll need to get something even stronger. All in time for sure :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Outta likes, so :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart: for you

2 Likes

Thank you! I absolutely love this site and these grow journals have been my guilty pleasure for awhile now. Love seeing all the methods and processes each person uses. So many ways to grow and it’s fascinating!

3 Likes

kBGOlmxx1UVNZXGfeQ

4 Likes

These plants are amazing :blush::v:

I’m going to hitch my wagon to your grow so I can watch your progress.

1 Like

Well done Growmie :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thank you! Still a ton to learn which makes the process even more fun.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. Those are some nice looking plants.

2 Likes

Be careful it’s very addictive :joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m mitchy and I’m also on my second grow.
I hope you don’t mind me tagging along.
I know how you feel now, a lot more confident and ready to grow some beauties!
Happy growing

2 Likes

@Mitchy @Spryng well hello there to you both!! I’m super late to the festivities but wanted to say High regardless lol! Sprying your well on your way to incredible grows I feel.

Good growing to you both, looking forward to both of your journaling!! :+1:t2::wink::green_heart::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think those are ready @Spryng…screen of green is pretty much filled with excellent buds to me. I wish I would have lurked and listened more before I dove in. Would have saved a lot of wasted money on so so lights

3 Likes

@OldSkunk I agree, one plant is ahead of the other 2 so I’m chopping her tomorrow and the other 2 next weekend. I’m excited for my first harvest! :relaxed:

5 Likes

@Mitchy Id love for you to tag along! Keep me updated on your grow as well. How did your first go? What strain was it and final outcome?

1 Like