Second grow first dwc

Hello everyone. On my second grow quick over view of setup. I’ve got two 27 gallon totes one for each plant and a 12 gallon control tote system total is 27 gallon, chiller keeps 66°, 500pgh external pump, float valve to keep constant water level. Two 900w viparspectra led full spectrum, co2 generator, using gh trio nutes and a few other brand beneficials, ro water, calimag, etc. In a 10x12 climate controlled room. Growing northern lights from ilgm. I run about 5.8 ph and 650-750 ppm. Have one that seems to always be giving troubles but is still healthy. Started them May 1st and due to deficiencies had a longer veg period then my first grow

5 Likes

Very nice @Green1 , one pheno always seems to give a tad of grief keeps you on your toes.

I didn’t finish sorry. My question is I have been drip feeding to keep system topped up. Been using calimag and half strength nutes and doing rez changes every 3-4 weeks. Should i keep with that into flower or do more rez changes. Thanks

Thank you

Not a tank man but will tag @MattyBear about the tank rez.

Right on thanks

I would change ur rez every 1 to 2 weeks in flowering but I dont run dwc I’m running a drip in coco

1 Like

I change my reservoir every 2 weeks during flower

I have a system similar to yours, except I use 20gal trash cans instead of totes. I’m building a new flower room and will be using totes, except they will have 6 plants per tote

4 Likes

Nice setup. Thanks for the advice sounds about right my first grow seemed like flowering was a constant dance but at that time I had Individual 5 gal buckets and could only tend to them once a day so during flower I had huge ph and ppm swings. That’s the reason for the larger capacity rdwc this go around

2 Likes

Currently

3 Likes

Excellent those look great. Bout where do you like your ppm during flower for 2 wk rez changes because those ladies look beautiful

1 Like

The ones I’m growing now are gold leaf and they don’t like high ppl. Couldn’t get these over 800. Listen to your plants. They will tell you. If you have any problems, let me know. I will tag you on my journal and set to watching yours.

1 Like

@Green1 @Grandaddy013

Ha, Granddaddy013, kills it. Showing those beauties off. I like it!

Edit…

I went back and zoomed in on that photo… Granddaddy013 WOW. .they are something to look at … WOW Very nice…

2 Likes

What size are your scrog nets?

1 Like

@Grandaddy013 @Green1

Your guys setups are very close to each other. Lots of size and space. Very clean. Nice job fellows…

I need to expand mine to this 8x11room I have.

Hmmm

3 Likes

I have to say I love the sterility of your room, well done sir.

2 Likes

Thanks I will definitely be keeping up with your grows. I use 3’x3’ nets with 2"x2" squares. Sorry for the delay. Got limited on responses because of new membership I guess. Pic from this morning right at lights on.

3 Likes

Looking good my friend

1 Like

Thanks for all the help guys. The latest. Switched to flower Saturday. Just been trimming bad leaves here and there. I’ve heard a week into flower is the best time to start clearing out the small growth that won’t reach the top. I’ve already trimmed away all the little tiny sprouts that dont have a chance. Does this sound about right

2 Likes

Oh and I’ve been growing a modified hempy bucket too. First drain to waste plant. Seems to be going good not the growth rate of the rdwc but still good healthy growth

2 Likes