Second grow, disease or nutrient?

Hello everyone, I’m on my second indoor grow
GROW SPACE** --in a 448 apollo horticulture tent
STRAIN**-- 4 strains all photoperiods #1 Bruce Banner, #2 Black Widow, #3 Granddaddy Purp and #4 Skywalker OG
POTS**—3 gal fabric pots
SOIL**—Fox farm ocean forest
WATER**-- Was using smart water with no ph correction 2 liters each
WEEK**— Week 5 (day 37) Veg
TEMP AND HUMIDITY**-- 74-80 Fahrenheit between dark period and high heat, 55% RH.
NUTRIENTS**-- Top dressed with down to earth nutrients at day 28. Calmag every watering.
LIGHT**-- Mars Hydro TS3000 LED set 30 inches from top cola and at 75% power.

plant#1 Bruce Banner.

plant #2 black widow

The tow on the left are my problem girls.

1 Like

Forgot to put my problem😅. So I have been watering with smart water and calmag up until today my first tap water + cal mag feed (sat for 24 hours, ph to 6.7 with 7.5ml of calmag) seeing as all but one of my plants is having necrosis problems not sure if can see it good in the pics will take more if needed. My Bruce Banner has brown spots on some of the leave even a few of the newer fan leaves, leaves have been growing in deformed (not all leaves or round tips or some that looked ate off ** no bugs). NOTE: while training around week 2/3 I accidentally tied to hard and split the stem smh I taped it back shut but not sure when it happened or how many hours it was like that but ever since it has been growing weird. I was planning on starting flower in about 2 to 3 weeks if I can get these deficiencies fixed and my plants looking healthy any advice will be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

whats the PPM of your tap water without the cal-mag?

255 didn’t check with the cal mag tho

1 Like

city or well water?

1 Like

City water in Kentucky it’s pretty decent water used it my whole first grow only had problems with nutrients.

1 Like

New grower here so apologies if my questions dont lead to a solution for you. But I am sure they will have some bearing when others like @Covertgrower @Dbpooper @Hellraiser @Zee and some others show up.

So 7.5 ml of cal is a pretty good amount. I add 3-5ml per gallon to my ro water which is 10ppmish and it brings my ppm up to 3-400 just from the cal. If you are starting with with 225pm city water and adding that much cal that will definitely add to your total ppm numbers. I was also wondering why you top dressed the ocean forest at day 28? What were your runoff numbers to make you want to add nutrients to ocean forest so early?

Ph problems at the root level can cause lock out of certain nutrients such as calcium. The problem will only get worse and you will keep adding cal-mag waiting for a result. I am sure you already know this .

Also have you gone to your city website and looked for a water test result? It is usually easy to find. that will tell you how much ppm of cal is already in your water. you may not need to add any.

I will say that that high of ppm I was told is in the area where you might want to think of using some Ro… Thats just what I was told, as once again I am a first time grower. I am sure the experts here can help get you sorted.

Your plants look pretty good to me as a whole. I am sure you’ll get set on the right path here.

3 Likes

No problem any help is appreciated, no I haven’t checked on the the city’s website will do that now.

I was using smart water (supposedly to water) for the first 5 weeks til today and not paying attention did not throw calmag in the first few weeks until I noticed a problem then started throwing 5 mil in each watering.

Have not done run off check yet either will have to do next watering. I top dressed at day 28ish due to fix farm only having enough to last you the first 3-4 weeks since it’s organic dry amendments it’s slow releasing so it can’t hurt them too much if it was too early.

Thanks I’ve been trying to be as diligent as possible to make sure they grow into a nice bush!

1 Like

Welcome back! I don’t think you need to remove chlorine from your water.

1 Like

@Jackie_Daytona thanks for tag. That 24 hours removes the chlorine. I don’t think he needs to with clean tap water.

1 Like

Thanks, yea I just tried to look up the info on the water not finding it easy so still searching. But yea I made sure to leave it out for the 24 hours the chlorine. I was planning to cut back on the cal mag due to the change in water source, I just saw the leaves and figured I wasn’t doing enough in the micronutrients department due to the rust spots and necrosis in the leaves on the others.

2 Likes

So are you feeding each strain the same nute and water routine?

2 Likes

@Zee yea I top dressed each with the same amount and just water when needed with the same water in each make a gallon and give each a quarter of it now to make sure not to over water.

Am on my second grow too. I really don’t know what is going on with the spots. I can tell you from my first grow, I did 3 different strains, and feed them all the same, I really shouldn’t have done that.

Am reading each plant differently this grow.

1 Like

This seems likely why. If you noticed the problem you’re too late. Just keep feeding calcium and you’ll probably do fine. Watch for new growth.

2 Likes

Thanks I was thinking the same just lower the dosage back down to 4 ml since I switched to tap water. Since this is the only plant showing that sign I’m thinking it’s from the spilt in the stem from training perhaps it was longer and more detrimental than I thought.

2 Likes