Second grow, any advice appreciated

6 weeks today. Did some more pruning, trying to control the jungle. Noticed yesterday that some leaves had been chewed on. Got some white sticky traps and caught a few gnats. Hopefully caught it early enough and got rid of them.

1 Like

Looking for a good ventilation system, what would you guys recommend? Didn’t need one for first grow only one plant, but definitely need something now. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I run two: a 6" tied to a thermostat in the tent and a 4" on a timer. The 6" vents excess heat and doesn’t run when lights are off so the smaller fan introduces air into the space with a timer (instead of running 24/7 so I can manage heat and RH)

What brands would you recommend? I’ve looked at vivosun, iobionics, and bloom grow, but not sure which are good.

1 Like

The one I hear about is the AC Infinity. It is very quiet too.

1 Like

I have a 6” and a 4” Infinity even on full speed they are hard to hear. Plus they are very efficient at moving the cfm’s. What size tent do you currently use?

This is the one I have.

https://smile.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-CLOUDLINE-S6-Controller/dp/B07FPFVZTZ/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1W6L401NOA7WS&keywords=infinity+fan+6+inch&qid=1575147392&sprefix=Infinity+fan%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-5

2 Likes

My tent is 32x32x64

second the infinity 6". i’m now oversizing as i found the 4" didn’t cut it for me. also make sure you get a good filter in the $100 range if you need one because they can limit the airflow too and put a lot of strain on your fan. but if smell isn’t an issue, you don’t need one.

they should still have a 25% sale on today.

1 Like

Day 13 since flip, starting to get some flowers.

The day to day growth on these girls is astounding.
Can’t even tell that I trimmed them like crazy 3 days ago. Got the gnats in check but not completely rid of them.

Hope they don’t get to crazy before I can do some more pruning this weekend. If I wanted to take some of the small lower shoots off, since they aren’t going to get much light, would I be able to use those shoots to start clones? Never tried cloning but, figure my situation of to much plant for the space, that I might as well try. Rather than just trimming and trashing. Try to learn as much as I can from this grow. Already learned a lot.

2 Likes

Day 53, 16 days since flip. Did some more pruning and rearranging.

Gnats have been exterminated and are no longer an issue. Took a few clones, see if I have any luck bringing them up.

1 Like

Being these are mystery seeds, is there anyway to tell what strains they are from the buds? She has a good idea what’s seeds she saved, she just didn’t mark them. So as the buds mature, hoping to maybe identify which plants are which. Of the five plants there are three different strains.

So bummed, found this last night on my biggest plant. Checked again this morning and another in the same branch. It’s almost like one side of the top Hermied, the rest of the plant appears to be normal. Plucked the nanners as soon as I saw them. Not sure what to do. 20 days into flower. Should I just keep plucking as the appear, cut off that side of the top?

@Myfriendis410 may be able to shed more light on the hermie situation. at this stage of the game many would take that plant out but let’s see what they say.

and yes lower bud sites can be removed and used for cloning. i’m fairly new but had good luck trimming them off, dunking the stems in clonex and putting them in damp rapid rooters with a little water in the bottom of a cup or seed tray with a heat mat under. i’ll mist periodically for a week until i see roots and then pot her up.

also need to put some thought into why she hermied. did your lighting schedule get goofed up or are there potential light leaks? was this the mystery seed?

1 Like

You might want to do that and watch the rest closely. Look for light leaks or sources of spurious light that might have caused it. If not I would be leery of propagating any clones off of a plant twitchy enough to herm. Just my $.02

1 Like

I spent an hour in the room after lights out to check for light leaks, and found none. So not only is the tent dark, so is the room the tent is in. I Heard from another guy that it’s likely genetic, that they show around the 20 day mark.
Yes this is a mystery seed, they all are seeds my wife found in her medicinal. Which leads me to believe inferior genetics. Being she is finding one seed here and there.

1 Like

I haven’t tried any clones off of this particular plant but have taken a few from the other plants. Waiting for roots to develop now.

1 Like

i only picked this up from what i read but it sounds like seeds from hermied plants (your mystery seed) may be more likely to hermie. don’t really know if it’s true, hopefully not passing on false info.

i’ve also read that defoliation after 2 or 3 weeks of flower could stress them to hermie. mine hermied last grow and i’m not sure why, but i did keep defoliating throughout flower and i’m not going to do that this next round just in case.

1 Like

Here are some pics of the plant in question. After the first two nanners, none have been found. I check thoroughly before I head to work, and my wife checks in the evening before lights out. Sorry for the bad lightning, basement with very little light.