Second Grow and beyond! The seed collection has started

Well my experience has been pretty much the same as the growers in Afghanistan… they get by with well drained soil augmented with cow manure, maybe some chicken poop. While I dont use much in the manure department I do use compost and organic ammendments. Worms and old hay as a top dressing. Clover as a cover crop. I also try to use seaweed and kelp as plants seem to like it. Humic acid is also a major upgrade to any organic soil.

4 Likes

How bout emu manure?

1 Like

That is pretty much how my first grow went - it was gone when the second grow started. This time I will get some overlap - which was the goal. The flavors that the cure brings out were amazing. You get told it’s better, but until you try the difference - you can’t compare. :+1: :sunglasses: :partying_face:

6 Likes

I have never tried it but I would imagine it would be fine if well aged?

1 Like

Hopefully my current indoor grow and next will give me enough stock to give a cure a go. Then summer grow. Woo hoo

2 Likes

Not sure bout age. I have a friend who gets it from local zoo…

1 Like

I dont use any non sterilized organics indoors… cant chance bugs…

1 Like

Would only use it outside

1 Like

That would be ideal. This was a summer grow for me. I knew I was throwing myself in the deep end - the conditions throughout were absolute crap. High temps and big swings in RH - from 28 - 82%
That taught me a lot, and I will try to avoid a full summer run in future.
I am just about to chop The Gimp as she has done her 48hrs of darkness - and that will complete this grow! :partying_face: :axe: :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

It is done!
:axe: :axe: :partying_face:
The Gimp has fallen!!!
She is now hanging in the tent to dry. She was insanely sticky! Far more so than any of the Pineapple Express (The Gimp is a Lemon Skunk Auto). There was a bit of fox tailing - but nothing tragic. The density and weight in the buds seem far greater as well.
I went for a wet trim for this one - as a trial. It is just a finger trim - but the bulk of the leaves have been removed. I have to say, that if there is only one or two small plants to do - then I think it might be the way to go (providing my conditions hang around mid 20s Celsius and 45-55% RH).
Thanks for the tip Nicky!
My fingers were crazy sticky! And the resulting ball of finger hash (about 4mm) placed on top of a cone of Fattie (Pineapple Express Auto) is out of this fu%&ing world! What a great fruit salad!!! :partying_face: :crazy_face: :rofl:

I am pretty sure I will end up with another 3-4 ounces dried - which will get me to the pound mark. :+1: :sunglasses:
Another successful crop! Over the moon with the results and end up with 3 very different stones (I haven’t tried the Gimp yet).
As always, grateful for all of the support and valuable input from everyone. I have learned so much from throwing myself in the deep end - and managed not to make any of the mistakes from the first grow. I know that I will be able to put all of that knowledge into the next grow - that will be bigger and better again with my next grow. There will be updates there very soon!

5 Likes

Congrats on the harvest brother! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks mate. It stinks so bad it is almost too much for my carbon filter! :rofl: :crazy_face:

1 Like

We found out we smoked a whole bunch more weed than we thought possible once we started growing our own. It is like pay raises as years go on: you spend to meet the income. We smoke to meet the supply. My recently harvested stunted Lemon Haze is not going to last through the cure and it is super nice as is. Way better than driving four hours to Colorado for good weed or buying overpriced NM weak medical weed.

5 Likes

Top Notch! :100::clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

3 x Pineapple Express Auto (single pheno with foxtail tendencies) 11.5 ounces

1 x Pineapple Express Auto aka ‘Fattie’ (different pheno and amber heavy) 3.5 ounces

1 x Lemon Skunk Auto aka ‘The Gimp’… wait for it… 4.4 ounces

Really happy with that considering they were totally untrained and the high ambient of the grow. 19.5 ounces dried and trimmed - I cleared the Pound – test buds are not included in the weigh-up

Each smokes really well for different effect and taste. I wouldn’t say any of them are great for pain assistance – but of the 3 – Lemon Skunk does the best job. As far as taste goes, I really like the heavier taste of Fattie.

All in all it was a really successful grow – with lots learned for future use.

But I would not have got here without the assistance and reassurance of everyone here.
@Cannabian @Nicky @Capt.Cola @KikiGee @kellydans @Enlightened420 @Davyg @Hellraiser @Not2SureYet @Dman1969

That closes off this journal. Thanks again – my focus is now shifting to Four of a kind into a Full House. If you aren’t following that and have an interest in trained Photoperiods – get your butts on over there! I will be updating that with current photos very soon.

12 Likes

Great way to close out the grow,
Looking forward to the next one brother :v:

4 Likes

Congrats on your harvest good job! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks mate. The next grow is already looking good - if a little neglected. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you - really happy with it. :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations nice Harvest ! That should keep you and your buddies going for a while. :v::+1:

1 Like