Second Grow and beyond! The seed collection has started

She smells incredible! I think that if foxtailing is my only penalty for a summer grow/ harvest - I can definitely handle that!
Itching to try Fattie when she is done. She smalls completely different to the first 3 plants - there is a real depth to her scent! :crazy_face: :+1: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Patience is something I’ve had to learn. :rofl:
Thanks - I’m really happy with her! This was a grow done through my summer - so temps were always going to be my enemy - and the humidity extremes. My temps are generally 22 - 28C (26 right now) and I am in the middle of a 2 week very wet period (up to 76% RH) - holding 52% right now. But that room contains my seedlings, flower tent and seedling tent - so it is a juggling competition. :crazy_face:
I have been removing some of the yellowing leaves as I go - I didn’t want to attack the leaves embedded in the buds so as not to damage or risk injury. Everything else was fair game.

I am smoking the bud from the first chop (3 plants, 11.5 oz, 3 weeks into cure) and it is really tasty. It is a very subtle yet full stone - I’d class it as a ‘polite’ stone.
Fattie is drying at the moment (5 days in) - she did everything differently to the other 3 Pineapple Express Autos - she did everything better - in her own time. Smells totally different in dry. I intentionally let her get deeper into the ambers - and the end result is totally different animal.
I haven’t tried her yet - but I have a small bud out to taste - I’m expecting something much deeper in the stone… we shall see! :sunglasses: :+1: :partying_face:

5 Likes

You did a great job! Great patience, too.

We are going into the summer. I may actually hold off until late summer and start grow 4. Our old blue heeler died yesterday and this frees us to travel with the young dogs in the RV. I could get a 2x2 tent and just bring one along!

4 Likes

Thanks, really happy with the results.
I managed to stretch the dry to 7 days this time. With at least a week of rain and humidity nudging 80% I couldn’t risk dragging out all the way. It smells incredible!
Sorry to hear about your dog - but love the traveling herb garden idea though!

3 Likes

Thank you. It was time for her to go and has been freeing for me. She had a good long life but most likely our last Australian Cattle Dog. After a lifetime of working dogs, we are ready to wind down and enjoy life. I still love them dearly though and my young girl is part ACD and pit bull. Best of both worlds. Just no more having to work a dog. In other words, no more horses, cattle, goats, or anything else that needs a working dog. When people ask what I used to do when they find out I am retired I simply say, “I used to work, now I don’t.” Lol

Impressive grow! Headed back home today and most likely a 48 hour darkness or chop. Yay! Really have missed having Lemon Haze to smoke.

1 Like

The time has come! The Lemon Skunk Auto aka ‘The Gimp’ is just about ready starting to see the first few amber trichs which is what I was hoping for. She will go dark and await her execution :hourglass_flowing_sand::scissors::boom:
She has taken her time and finished really nicely!
Just waiting for this weather to break… not much will dry in 24C/ 84% RH. Even with the dehumidifier going it doesn’t pull it far enough down.
@Cannabian @Nicky @Capt.Cola @KikiGee @kellydans @Enlightened420 @Davyg @Hellraiser @Not2SureYet @Dman1969

WIN_20210323_17_46_49_Pro

WIN_20210323_17_46_18_Pro

WIN_20210323_17_45_16_Pro

WIN_20210323_17_44_51_Pro

WIN_20210323_17_44_15_Pro

WIN_20210323_17_43_41_Pro

WIN_20210323_17_43_03_Pro

13 Likes

Is there no way you can reduce the space you dry in so it’s just big enough for your harvest and your dehumidifier mate

4 Likes

Looking good bro :sunglasses:! Any chance you could give it another two or three days? Looks kinda cloudy but not cloudy cloudy. Know what I mean? Super frosty and looks great just might need a couple more days to finish up! Did you smoke fattie yet haha

3 Likes

I thought about that, but my temps would go crazy. It would be like a hair drier in a pillowcase.
It seems like the rain has broken after a solid week of rain - so when it dries up a bit I should be good to go. Hopefully! :crazy_face: :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks mate - she has done really well! I can easily leave it for a few days - the weather has finally broken after a week of solid rain. I see what you mean about not being completely cloudy yet - a few days is no issue - I am after the optimum chop - no time limits.
Fattie smokes incredibly well - a much deeper flavour and more mellow stone. It has definitely taken the smoke to another level. The dry has been a real challenge with all the rain - but now I should be able to get it back on track. It’s still early - I know she will get better once cured! :+1: :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

Finally got Fattie to a constant 64% RH and she is now jarred for curing.
I end up with about 3.5 ounces from one plant . Very happy with that - more so considering the quality of the smoke. :sunglasses:
That gives me a running total of 15 ounces from 4 autos with one plant ‘The Gimp’ is going dark today. Getting close to that magical 1 pound in a 4x4!:sunglasses::hourglass_flowing_sand:

4 Likes

The Gimp has finally done! :partying_face:
She is going dark for 48 hours (didn’t do this on previous chop).
To me - she looks cooked - but if anybody sees something I’m missing - you know what to do! :face_with_monocle: :sunglasses:

@Cannabian @Nicky @Capt.Cola @KikiGee @kellydans @Enlightened420 @Davyg @Hellraiser @Not2SureYet @Dman1969

WIN_20210327_00_50_54_ProA

WIN_20210327_00_49_28_ProA

WIN_20210327_00_48_39_ProA

WIN_20210327_00_48_09_ProA

WIN_20210327_00_47_20_ProA

10 Likes

Looks good to me mate. Be interesting to see if there’s any noticeable difference between dark or no dark :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Thanks mate.
Not sure I will see any benefit really. The Gimp was a one-off - so I can’t do the comparison meaningfully.
My main reason for doing it is because that is what I am supposed to do. I don’t have any time or conditions right now, so it’s more about getting back to the ‘basic rules’. I am hoping that I might get a few more ambers during the dark period - if not - it’s all good because I’m happy now. :face_with_monocle: :sunglasses: :+1:

6 Likes

My problem with the 48 hr dark is that they all are not ready at the same time and I have no place to put one in the time being. Also, it is wrapped up in net so I have a hard time getting it out. I am going to try this on the last plant standing though. My Lemon Haze auto that is a miracle it lived gave me a modest 22 grams but it is a super nice 22 grams. It may not survive the 30 day cure.

5 Likes

I haven’t had a harvest yet where my bud lasted long enough to need to cure. Dry that bud and smoke it.

4 Likes

Brother when you do you will you will notice a hellova taste and potency difference. Remember good things come to those that wait! Cured bud is 10 x better in more ways than one. :wink::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I agree. Hopefully I get the big harvest I want this summer which will give me enough of a stock pile that I will be able to cure properly. Right now I get an allotted amount per month from Veterans affairs but that don’t last. So I grow to supplement what I need. Can’t afford to keep buying it. Let’s get this summer grow on the go. Almost got the outdoor garden ready. Little bit more thawing and soil turning to do but it’s coming. I picked up some patio stones lastnight now just need to build the chicken wire fence around it.

I’m so excited!!!

7 Likes

Depending on soil, light and temperature, and obviously strain you should easily get 1 pound per plant outdoors.

4 Likes

Well for soil, as u can see I’ve just tore up the grass and turned the soil, but all winter long I have been dumping my run off water and used soil in the area I’m using. I used MG soil for my indoor plants (will be switching to something else next grow) so my thoughts were a super charged garden. Will be mixing in some top soil in the coming weeks so it’s all nice and Purdy. Figured it couldn’t hurt as mother nature and her tears(rain) would just wash away whats too much. @Cannabian

2 Likes