Second Grow and beyond! The seed collection has started

The contrast of the pistils and leaves is striking. The jack herer auto I harvested in December has very little resemblance to yours. This is on harvest day #136

6 Likes

Yeah , I agree no resemblance Jack Herer Auto supposed to be a quick finisher. 136 days that’s a long time for a auto mine seems to be falling right in line with the Breeders guide.

3 Likes

It was 50 days before she even started to flower. It was good she was as big as she was. She was wearing out her welcome.

5 Likes

Your plant looks to have some purple color in it. Nice big buds. I chose the Jack Herer Autos because it said it was a quick finisher I like to grow two photos an two Autos and get the Autos out a little early kind of like a bonus.

2 Likes

@Budz420 and @Davyg guys quick question. Is there ever a point where the tricombs just don’t change anymore? My levels haven’t turned in 3 weeks and have been watering with Ph water only for 5 weeks because I was going by the breeders 9 week flower time. I am only seeing where my girls are showing a lot of nutrient deficiencies on all of the fan leaves and the smaller sugar leaves are browning faster every day and becoming brittle to the touch.

5 Likes

Selecting the right time to chop is the same as picking a point on a scale. It starts from clear/ opaque at one end to dark amber at the other. It sounds like you stopped nutes too early. The times sated by breeders are optimum times - ideal everything. My final Pineapple is supposed to be 4 week flower auto. She is now in week 7 of flower and showing no signs of stopping, :+1: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@Budz420 would it be wise to start them back up on a low nutrient feed or is it too late?? I took a few photos just now, please forgive the poor quality as I am taking them a hand held.

3 Likes

Yeah I had to do that with mine, she went back on nutes for a week or so - same reason as you. I elieved the packet. Start with a half strength as you are now feeding ‘cleaned’ soil.

1 Like

Gimp. Is swelling for sure. Don’t count her out yet.
Fatty is legit. Gonna be nice to trim her. What strain again?
I feed right to the end full feed. Some back off.

3 Likes

Gimp is a Lemon Skunk Auto and Fattie is Pineapple Express Auto.
Yes she will trim very nicely. Will get some decent weight from her I think.
I didn’t trim, so I am looking for her to devour herself as much as possible.
Gimp is still on nutes because se is still filling out. :+1:

2 Likes

Man alive! Thats frosty!

3 Likes

Those are some beautiful photos. Good enough to send off and have them made into canvas prints.

I have been offline for a bit and have a lot to catch up on. All the guys here who name their plants make me laugh. You would think me being female would name my plants. It is all I can do to call them ‘girls’. I used to number them. And now I just tell my husband which plant I am refering to by it’s tent position. :laughing:

We are so dangerously low on homegrown now that we are Colorado headed in a few days. Broke down and bought dispensary weed here this weekend. $12 a gram and I was like “that is a gram?” These tiny little buds. That is what makes growing so worth it. And I got my grow license in so finally legal. Right as our state is on the cusp of going recreational, too.

Great job on your grow!

2 Likes

Thank you! It has been a really good grow - great results. Good smoke and nice tight buds. And the remaining Pineapple will be even better!
Congrats on the licence! I wish they were so forward thinking here!
I hate buying by the gram - I’m hating it even before I see it!

2 Likes

Fattie is taking her own sweet time to find the finish line. Watching these trichs so closely has been incredibly valuable. People can describe the changes - but they still don’t really prepare you for the actual changes.
Pictures… it takes pictues…
@Cannabian @Nicky @Capt.Cola @KikiGee @kellydans @Enlightened420 @Davyg @Hellraiser @Not2SureYet @Dman1969
WIN_20210311_17_03_39_Pro

WIN_20210311_17_02_55_Pro

WIN_20210311_17_02_23_Pro

WIN_20210311_17_01_56_Pro

WIN_20210311_17_01_13_Pro

WIN_20210311_17_00_08_Pro

12 Likes

That’s what I call up close and personal rite there!! :wink: :sunglasses::v::metal:

6 Likes

Remind me what you are feeding them during the grow? I am noticing longer trichomes using the Emerald Harvest rather than General Hydroponics. Nothing like waiting on Fatty, huh? :grin:

5 Likes

Some never turn totally amber. The other thing to what for is the blobs falling off the trichomes. If you see this they are starting to degrade and its time to harvest.
Also, this is a good reason not to grab a bud with your hand… these little blobs of resin are fragile and easily damaged. I hate that when supposed connoisseurs knuckle on to a bud and yank it for a sniff! Sheesh man! Unhand my buds you bully!

5 Likes

They look great. When some on sees my buds. Why is it the first thing they want to do is grab them. I am always having to say. “Look, Don’t touch” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Once more an outstanding collection of pictures budz, outstanding :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Loving this microscope!
I think it is the most effective weapon - out of all the bits n add ons I have! :crazy_face: :sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes