Second Attempt with Blue Dream Auto

Raise the light to 20"

2 Likes

She started getting white pistils about 4 days ago, so I gave her some Bloom Nutrients yesterday, maybe it’s too strong.
There is dead pistils under my Canopy as well

1 Like

Thank You! I forgot to change my light height when I noticed her in flower and had it at veg height. That could have been disastrous! Will she recover??

I don’t believe those have anything to do with lighting, Under The Canopy you’re not going to get light burn like you will at the top of the canopy. Possible nutrient overload, if so flushing will take care of that. That plant has absolutely nothing to worry about as far as recovery. I have a feeling it’s just going to keep cruising along. Those little dead pistils may have been an early warning for something but as of right now it is not even close to being a catastrophe.

1 Like

An over all plant pic and a few of the areas you’re concerned with will help.

1 Like

Cool I was so worried, I thought that I killed her. I just raised the light to 20" and I flushed her with about 1/2 gal of water until I got a lot of runoff this morning when I noticed the dead pistils. I’m going to get more water in a minute just in case that wasn’t enough.

1 Like

Do you have any way of testing the pH or TDS of your runoff? Might help answer a few questions.

1 Like

What is TDS?

1 Like

OK, now I’m confused. I just checked the specs that were provided by the Spider Farmer Support Team and they say (light height 12-14 inches above Canopy of Flowering Plants at 100% Intensity.

1 Like

OK, now I’m confused. I just checked the specs that were provided by the Spider Farmer Support Team and they say (light height 12-14 inches above Canopy of Flowering Plants at 100% Intensity.
So it must be Nutrient Overload.
I flushed already and will wait and see what happens with the light adjusted to what the manufacturer’s specs say.
I need to pic up a Digital PH tester because the one I have apparently sucks, as well as a tester for Nutrient run off.

1 Like

Thank You everyone for your thoughts and advice! I will keep you posted.

@Daniel578 that’s on top of developed buds. Are your buds developed?

1 Like

TDS is total dissolved solids. It’s the the parts per million of your nutrient mix or soil composition for us cannabis growers. You’ll need to measure this when mixing nutrients along with PH to your medium :love_you_gesture:.

How much did you flush as in gallons of PH water? Without checking the run off you can’t tell the issue or if it’s been corrected same with PH. Most cannabis nutrient issues start with incorrect PH :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

TDS and PH instruments are critical or it’s a guessing game and usually after issues are apparent.

I wouldn’t have flushed until I had some run off numbers, that will give you your TDS/PPMS and a PH check as well :love_you_gesture:

Don’t worry these girls are resilient and will grow amazing for you try to keep the light high or the intensity low remember for 4 5 weeks of flower you wanna blast them with w.e power u cab

2 Likes

No they just started to flower this week. I already turned the light down about a 1/2 hr ago because it just didn’t feel right. I did keep it at 14" . So should raise the height back up to 20" and at what intensity, 80%, 90% or 100%?

Well, I’ve been using a gauge meter to check pH balance and going by that I was trying to maintain pH in all fluids going in pot at about 6.2 - 6.6

The guys above have you covered on ph and TDS/ PPM for your nutrients and soil. Hold your hand at the canopy level and see if it gets uncomfortably warm. If you don’t like the heat, your plans will not either. The light will feel a little warm but it should not make you are the plants uncomfortable. Hold your hand there for a while, remember the plants are there 100% of the time.

2 Likes

My SF1000 has barely any heat, it’s 100watts and heat gets absorbed into the aluminium housing for the light