Second Attempt with Blue Dream Auto

So I tried growing a couple months ago with inadequate lighting, wrong PH, no grow tent. Needless to say it was frugal.
So I have everything I need for a successful harvest and have this forum to Thank for the great advice.
This is my new Beauty
I went to work this morning after setting up my CO2 container and this is what she looked like.

3 Likes

I come home from work and she looks like this now !! Slow release CO2 nice!

4 Likes

Congratulations on getting dialed in, when you get lights, medium, environment right it makes growing much more satisfying :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

What type of CO2 container are you using?

Keep in mind my apartment gets no fresh air at all unless my sliding glass door is open! So I’m using a ProCO2 bucket. I know that too much or not enough CO2 can be harmful to my plant. See the thing is, I don’t have any windows in my efficiency apartment, so I’m unable to provide my plant with any CO2 other than what I exhale into my apartment.
So my idea was to get a ProCO2 bucket and just let out enough CO2 for my plant to actually grow. The bucket has 4 small
holes with filter material at top of bucket. So I have half a hole exposed and all the rest covered, which seems to be working just fine. I’ve already seen significant growth since adding CO2 to my grow tent. As she grows I will slowly allow more CO2 into my tent by uncovering more holes at the top of my bucket. I’m not looking for monster growth, I just want some growth in general.
My first attempts were fruitless but I’ve learned a lot from this forum and can’t wait to post some worthy pics.

Congrats, she’s looking nice and healthy :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

grow baby grow, good luck

2 Likes

Here’s an update. This is today’s photo of my beauty 17 days later after I put her in soil.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Nice and healthy. Great growth and green. How many days above ground, might be time to increase the amount of watering unless you have. Nice ring too :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Looks great so far. Blue dream is such a good strain.

3 Likes

These photos are just 5 days since I posted my first ones. She is growing fast!!
I decided to go with a 20/4 schedule and I gave her some diluted down Lotus Grow Nutrients this morning before I went to work. Now I decided to feed her just a tad bit more CO2, I also turned my SF1000 up from 60 to 80 on intensity because she was reaching for the light.
If I see any negative results from my test I will revert back to my previous settings and lighting schedule.

2 Likes

She’s been above soil since December 12th, only 10 days.

2 Likes

can I see your c02 bucket set up?

5 Likes

I dont know what happened to the post but I appreciate the pic, I was just curious and didn’t know anything about the co2 bucket until you mentioned it.

its back lol

Yeah I got that bucket 5 days ago. There are 4 eraser sized holes at the top of the bucket, covered by a filtered material. I started with 1 hole uncovered until today. This morning I gave her a drink and exposed her to 2 holes, her response was good. So now I increased the intensity of my lighting to try and benefit from the added CO2 and also because her leaves were reaching upwards for the light (which is 16 inches above the canopy) and also to make sure she is using the increased CO2.

1 Like

I remember the milk jug days well. Certainly don’t miss carrying them around. Nice set up.

1 Like

19 days in soil
12 days above soil
She is looking good!
I had to turn the light intensity back down to 60% because she was leaning away from the light. I did continue to give her more CO2 and she has responded well.

3 Likes