Thought I would try this SOG method. After watching @Missiles Sea of green and trying a seed sprouting with my GDP x DJ’s BB I had 30 seedlings to play with.
So back in the late 70’s I used to take cuttings and put into 4’ rock wool cubes and as soon as roots started to show I flipped to 12/12 and flooded with water 3 times a day. It would take about 15 mins to fully drain the flood table after flooding. In 6-8 weeks I had beautiful solid buds about 6-8’ tall where all I did was cut the base trim a couple leafs and it was ready to go.
So this time since I am doing my new home living soil grows I decided to see if it would work in dirt. The plants are my own mix and regular so I do not know what is m/f yet. So I took 15 and put in a tote. I drilled holes for drainage and put newspaper down and then filled with my living soil from last grow.
This is how the plants are looking now and then I cut the bottom off the red cup
Now I am planting in the tote about 1-2’" deep and will water through the cup for a week and as soon as I see growth I will start watering the soil around the cups and switch to 11/13 flower.
I have put them in the veg room with the 3 gal clones for 18hr light. I am leaving the other 14 plants as they were jus in the cups and I will flip them with the others to 11/13 flower and if males show in the tote I will pull and replace with a female from the cups if there are some. Should be interesting to see the yield.
If it works and yield is enough I will in the future just have a well chosen mother plant and be sure to plant only females. And possibly just put into the dirt bed as soon as the clones root in the 1.5" rock wool cubes I am using now. I would use my 3’ x 3’ bed at that point and plant every 5 - 6" and save time.