Scrogin and topping my Autoflower

Hey my fellow growers! So I am at week 7 from seed on my White Widow Autoflower. I have gotten a lot of advice on my grow journal but I just want to get more advice on SCROGGING for autos. I’m just basically experimenting with it right now. I read not to top autos, and I did, both of my White widows. Now I’m scogging and LTS.I have 12 bud sites right now and just wondering if SCROGGING and the LTD will produce more over the next couple weeks of flower. Any thoughts?

1 Like

You will get different views on doing nothing to autos to treating them like photos lol… I have always topped my autos but much later, I try to get 7 to 9 sets of branches if they don’t go into flower. It seems to help lower branches come up creating a canopy. I don’t know about training I top and let em go…

2 Likes

Same here. I’ve yet to grow an auto that goes longer than 4 weeks before its transitions to flower. I believe it might have been @blackthumbbetty that put a screen of some sort over a young auto to space it out

3 Likes

Honestly LST is the way to go for Auto’s based on personal experience. They have such a short veg cycle that if you stress it out, you’re getting a small plant. Here’s my White Widow AF at 7 weeks, with only LST and decent defoliation.

3 Likes

Wow! Mine are not even close to being that tall and I’m at 7 weeks! I think I stunted her growth.

Also depends on the strain, some AF don’t get very big, but you can get them dense.

1 Like

You can top autos, but there are guidelines.

1-she needs to be passing the 4th node by week4
2-she needs to be healthy and a vigorous grower

Topping also will put her a week behind in growth compared to an auto that isn’t topped. Once topped you will need to keep her defoliated because she will be squatty for a few weeks.
Scrog you just aren’t going to have the time for it, and you will see better benefit and yields by just defoliating and LST. She looks good though, keep trying new things when others say don’t! Autos rock and generally will run 11-13 weeks from seed to harvest.

1 Like

I’m not SCROGGING anymore. Unfortunately I had to move my tent and my net didn’t make it😞 I’m still using LTS. My small one I’m experimenting with LTS.

1 Like

@keegrows here is the net i made for scrog. Only costs maybe $15 bucks in materials and an hour if my time. I can take the legs off and store it when not using it.

3 Likes

Niiiicccceeee…Is that PVC pipe. What materials did you use? I like really like your set up.

Yes, it is all pvc pipe 1/2. The string is masonry string. Everything you can find at your big box store. I use a spacing of 2 1/2”, i like the tighter spacing because it makes the whole net really tight and strong. 3” spacing allowed to much flex. You can also make this a stackable trellis

very easily.

2 Likes