Scrogging gg#4 two layers or one

Grower since 70’s…Has any one used only one layered scroll on gg#4…
Don’t usually scrog.Been forced indoors last few years… see attached photo 4 week veg…

1 Like

This is my idea for now…then take another layer depends on stretch.

2 Likes

Better shot…

1 Like

Those ladies look love-a-ly. So far so good. Not sure on the question tho. Just wantd to say :+1:t5:

2 layer scrog?

What is the benefit of the second layer you’re looking for? More options in cola. Placement?

Ok my phone so I wanted to add more horizonal growth ?

Well usually the first 12-16” from the dirt to the screen are lollipopped it seems. Maybe it’s the pic but screen looks pretty close to the dirt meaning they’d stretch way way over that height and not be supported without another level. Or maybe it just looks that way in the pic.

Gives more horizontal options…scroggin and not is the question with this strain? Time will tell

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement…see new post and pic…these ladies are strong willed and always thirsty.

1 Like

Another view…

1 Like

The sativa In this particular strain is really starting to show its face…6 weeks since busting out of soil…
7 days into 12/12 and gender is already showing…

1 Like

This is also my first GG#4 grow and was wanting to ask a couple questions. First, how much can i expect them to stretch and #2 would flipping to flower on day 40 be to early? I’d like them to stretch thru my scrog and a little more but not to much more because i only have about 28" to 30 " for light movement

1 Like

The attached pic is 13 days into flower…I logged one week seedlings. 33 days veg… gives a total of 40 days from breaking out till flip…

1 Like

Haven’t finished stretch yet so not sure how much they will increase in total…will update when stretch is finished.

2 Likes

Update 14 days into flower

2 Likes

Good info thanks, Today was the start of 48 hrs in the dark will come out 12/12, today is also day 40 from pop up. I’m very excited to watch them go go go. This is my first time growing the GG4 , I can honestly say i’m very impressed so far. The node tightness and overall growth

is unbelievable,