SCROG Sea of Green

Its 3x4x6 so works out to more than a square meter of space. I would LST them until the stretch ended in flower. Every night was like fitting a new puzzle together, so the plants could fit in there. With a flat canopy. Her top looked cool as hell to look at.

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s how I did the last two SCROGs I did. One of them I was a little better at than the other. The first one I trained until it wouldn’t let me - well into bud stacking - until I felt I wouldn’t have colas bigger than 4-6". That one was the blackberry kush I grew last winter:

That plant didn’t stretch nearly as much as I thought it would… but ended up being my best yielder so far.

The other one (my last SCROG) was my first attempt to fill the tent with one plant (and only attempt thus far). I vegged a GL for three months and moved into my flower tent and put a screen over it:

Unfortunately, I got bud rot on that plant and ended up harvesting it a few days earlier than I would’ve liked, so it’s not my favorite weed:

10 Likes

I did a long veg on a GL too and it was in a 7 gallon with Promix: I think I had more canopy than the roots could support and it finished early with almost all larf.

Here’s one of my SCROG grows.

8 Likes

That’s a nice canopy of buds there. More spacing might have prevented bud rot. I used to have a window fan that was 24" wide push air over my buds, but watching for bud rot can prove difficult with so many colas coming off the main stem.

1 Like

I got the bud rot in one corner of the tent, which unfortunately was directly under the exhaust vent… learned my lesson. Moved the duct hose to a side port above the lights. I’m fairly certain condensation was dripping on them from overhead during lights out.

4 Likes

I get you, mate. That sucks, but at least it was just a corner.

3 Likes