Screen of Green vs Mainlining. Which is efficient and yields more?

I’m growing in a 2’x4’x5’ grow tent with 5 plants. Should I use a combination of both or just one method?

IMO, a SCROG is appropriate for a cultivar that can’t support itself. In all other cases, I find they’re more trouble than they’re worth, and LST/mainlining works well enough.

I would do whatever you need to keep the plants small, or simply cull and leave only 2 of the best plants. You’re going to have a hard time managing 5 plants in a 2x4 tent. I wouldn’t worry about a SOG. You are not going to have room. I would focus instead on supercropping, topping, and FIMing, as well as flipping them early to manage their size.

1 Like

Yay different opinions lol.

@KeystoneCops kiss read SOG as SCOG

While @MidwestGuy makes a very valid point if you want to run a SOG then you can totally do it, Ps I hope your doing this with clones otherwise cost wise it’s better to run 2 plants in a 2x4.

If you have a bunch of clones then only veg them for a bit and don’t plant train them, flip them, let them grow main colas to get a nice SOG.

Huh? Isn’t the OP talking about Scrog Netting?

Sea Of Green is many small(ish) plants that create a canopy of single colas; Screen Of Green (Scrog) is a net used to support/tie down (usually) a single plant to create a level canopy of colas.

1 Like

Op is talking about putting 5 plants in a 2x4 (normal to grow one or two max plants) hence SOG.

I lean towards the literal reading.

1 Like

Im talking about Screen of Green, not Sea of Green.

I plan to top each plant 3x. One initial top, then another two tops that have grown. Kind of like a manifold. From there, I am going to use my scrog to make sure everything is even and supercrop. What do you guys think?

I think 5 plants is alot for that space and screen of green can be a hassle because you can’t move the plants. Two plants will fill that screen so fricking fast that 5 your gonna wish you had another tent.

But it’s possible to do totally, your gonna have to be on it like white on rice though.
Good luck start a grow journal tag us.

Ps my bad thought you said sea of green lol