Scratching my head

This is my first two ilgm white widow autos the grow has been pretty easy so. I am currently in week 8 from germ. Will these put on more weight? How long does the actual flowering stage last. I read they would be ready in about 10 weeks but reading the description of the seeds on the website it says they flower for 8 weeks or so. I’m a little confused

2 Likes

Nice plant! The stated flowering time is from when flowering stage begins. And this is best to be taken with a grain of salt anyway. She will fatten up a lot. She will also let you know when she’s close to being done by swelling up and with mostly brown receding pistils. A jewelers loupe will come in handy around that time.

Thanks. I have loop on the way. they are about three weeks into flower now so I still have 3+ weeks left for them to fatten?

1 Like

Easy 3 weeks most likely double that. Autos do finish faster for me but yeah three weeks easy!

No problem :wink:. I remember looking at my first plants at that stage and thinking how in the world is this going to turn into what I’m used to smoking :rofl:

2 Likes

65 days is the nominal flowering time. You have a ways to go yet.

1 Like

Wow I thought I was a lot closer to finishing. That’s a good thing though. I started lst but freaked out when I cracked a stalk a little bit :joy:. I had great plans in my mind but I learned a lot the next two should look a lot better

1 Like

You did / are doing great! Keep up the fine growing.

1 Like

They look fine. But yeah, you got a while to go. Tough waiting on them! They’ll get there

1 Like

Is it common for autos of the same strain to have completely different growth structures or maybe a small mixup at the seed bank?

As with all genetics, you will have variation. Just like children from the same parents can be completely different.

Absolutely. I love Sour Diesel and grew out 3 or 4 of them: every one was different, except in 3 cases the flower attributes were almost identical. The 4th hermied after we had a HUGE temperature departure: 112F for 4 or 5 days. Our seasonal average there is 65F.

I couldn’t comment one way or another. If humans are involved there will be errors. But one of the reasons you pay the money you do per seed is genetics which means care in provenance of seeds.

The only way to get nearly identical (and even the epigenetics factors in) is to clone a mother plant. Which is exactly what growers do to maintain a genetic line. I’m doing it now.

1 Like