Scent-proofing Help Needed

I need ya’lls help again!

I started my indoor grow with knowledge and plan of being able to move out of where I am before the flowering and scent really kicks in. However, this weekend those plans have fallen through with no hopes of being able to move out before that point comes…

I need as much and all the advice I can get to try to make this grow tent as close to 100% scent-proof as possible, before I hit the flowering stage. (I’m growing photo and start veg this week). I’m brokenhearted right now because if I can’t make this possible, I’m going to have to give away my babies :broken_heart::disappointed_relieved:

I do have an AC Infinity carbon filter and ventilation set-up, so I feel like that’s going to be one of the most important things. But please, I need everyone’s help!

1 Like

Just make sure to keep your precleaner clean if pulling through filter. Maybe keep a back up filter on hand just in case. As long as it’s all size appropriate you should have little concern with odor. Maintain negative pressure so all air from tent goes through filter. If you can do so while you water and everything, you’ll be golden.

2 Likes

Thank you! What exactly is a precleaner? The bag-like cover for the carbon filter?

1 Like

Yes. Can just throw it in the washing machine.

2 Likes

Okay, perfect. How often should it be washed?

So, I should get another one to switch over when I do clean.

Should also probably get rid of a plant or two, so I do have room to move around inside the tent or is there a way to keep it pressurized while open?

Not likely while open but if you are quick about your work its no smellier then an oz of weed. Take one plant out at a time, zip back up, do work, swap plant, repeat

1 Like

Don’t need a second. Just want a back up filter. for when the first one begins to fade. Keeping a clean a pre cleaner. Washed twice a month at least. More often if more contaminants, will greatly extend the life and effectiveness of your filter. Mainting negative pressure with the door is open is difficult. The more cfm the better.

1 Like

About how long do the carbon filters last?

That’s hard to say. My cheap one didn’t last terribly long, ac infinity one going strong. I also scrub smoke from the room too tho. So I expect them to not last as long. Smoke really clog up precleaner too.

It is often called a prefilter. Some are cloth while others are a spun material. Infinity has a “clothed pre-filter”.
Keep it clean. It improves performance and filter’s service life.

1 Like

If you have a carbon filter and it’s within a 3-4 month window of first use you should
have another 3-4 months on that carbon inside the canister. You really only have to
worry about harvest and trimming. That’s when the flower NEEDs to be present in the
room and not cloaked behind the filter.

As far as growing scent? You should be perfectly fine with that filter if it’s semi fresh.

1 Like

My experience is, seems like they start to smell, or at least what I’ve grown, around the 4th week or so in veg. Humidity will also affect the life of a carbon filter from what I have read or heard. That’s another reason to keep it thinned out in your tent. I had a WW that literally stunk up the house so bad. My carbon filter did absolutely no good. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

You running a tent ?

1 Like

I have a brand new AC Infinity 6in carbon filter, this is my first ever grow so everything is brand-new :blush:

Yes, a 3x4!

You should be good maybe a auto sprayer outside the tent

I don’t want to butt in but what is an auto sprayer?

1 Like

I think they mean one of those glade auto spray scent things

2 Likes

Yes exactly I don’t know what they are called but yeah the glade sprayer

2 Likes